Page 1 of 19 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: 2023 Season – what’s happening Premier and Platinum Divisions

2023 Season – what’s happening Premier and Platinum Divisions

What's happening in clubland in preparation for the 2023 season?
    With it now being the second week of November, most clubs will have started their preseason - any updates on new players or clubs that will be either improving or going backwards?

Hawkesbury will do our best to build a second team again, see how we go. Would be nice to just have a ground above water!

Expecting at least 1 club to drop down from Platinum, with another former Platinum club going back up.

Good announcement for St George, SWS and Mac uni.

https://aflnswact.com.au/government-...sPssttpxPkrpYM

Platinum the new money club Sws

700 a game to more than a few. Devlin north shore and drinkwater east coast, who could blame them for that cash.

Lucky for Mounties

Quote Originally Posted by 5yearplan View Post
    Platinum the new money club Sws

700 a game to more than a few. Devlin north shore and drinkwater east coast, who could blame them for that cash.

Lucky for Mounties
    HAHAHAHAHA I'm guessing you were at the meetings were you?? Jealousy is a curse

Pretty handy to have that kind of cash to throw around - not sure it's a sound business model at that level though? And cash doesn't translate to culture, we've seen it before.
    Anyway good luck to them, we need a strong western club, the attention from HQ apparently stops at Camperdown.

Rather odd they are throwing cash at a Div 2 player to play up in Platinum. Remember there was some outrage on here of Drinkwater playing down in Div 2.

Parramatta doing the same for a Div 1 player who might have been a good player 10 years ago.

Money can only buy a limit of success

Quote Originally Posted by Blinkers28 View Post
    Rather odd they are throwing cash at a Div 2 player to play up in Platinum. Remember there was some outrage on here of Drinkwater playing down in Div 2.

Parramatta doing the same for a Div 1 player who might have been a good player 10 years ago.

Money can only buy a limit of success
    He's only a year removed from Premier Division, it is not like he was dropped from PD to D2. $700 in some serious coin, is there a carrot of a PD promotion for SWS at the end of 2023?

Not only one on it too.

Good luck a model they can work with

Merry Xmas

Quote Originally Posted by mrns View Post
    He's only a year removed from Premier Division, it is not like he was dropped from PD to D2. $700 in some serious coin, is there a carrot of a PD promotion for SWS at the end of 2023?
    Can confirm PD promotion is what they're slinging around along with coin...
    We have had players contacted and offered relatively good money to go to SWS. They are certainly not afraid to over reach in the juniors as well with some local juniors being spoken to at the academy and offered silly things to change to an affiliated junior club of SWS as well.

Few questions can be raised from this:
    1 - why would former Prem Div captains walk from their own clubs to go to a Plats Club? (hmmm money?)
    2 - do the players returning from last years team totally support the idea of spending big on players and realise their own spots are in jeopardy?
    3- they're promoting big on being all about development of the area but are constantly trying to buy players throughout the whole league (Seniors & Juniors) I wonder if the parents and players are catching onto this yet?
    4 - will both clubs actually survive this joint venture or are the whispers true?

All in all - good luck to them. If that's their approach, let's see what happens down the track. Just would be nice if they stayed in their own backyard and I feel a little for Camden, because if we are up against it a little bit, I can only imagine what they're copping.

The Advocate;861962]Can confirm PD promotion is what they're slinging around along with coin... I'm sure most clubs in Platinum aspire to move to Prems including yours? Didn't you apply for 2023?
    We have had players contacted and offered relatively good money to go to SWS. They are certainly not afraid to over reach in the juniors as well with some local juniors being spoken to at the academy and offered silly things to change to an affiliated junior club of SWS as well. If you believe what players/coaches tell you their offered by other clubs when negotiating with them then I'm not sure there's much point in going any further here....

Few questions can be raised from this:
    1 - why would former Prem Div captains walk from their own clubs to go to a Plats Club? (hmmm money?) Who have they signed that is a Premier Div Captain? See point 3 also
    2 - do the players returning from last years team totally support the idea of spending big on players and realise their own spots are in jeopardy? As previous, unless your in a meeting or have seen a contract believe what you like on what people are paying players
    3- they're promoting big on being all about development of the area but are constantly trying to buy players throughout the whole league (Seniors & Juniors) I wonder if the parents and players are catching onto this yet? Last year they played 12x Under 17's in first grade throughout the year and had 2 or 3 in their Grand Final Team. Any club that is not trying to strengthen their lists from outside especially quality Senior/Experienced players to help bring the talented young players through isn't doing their job correctly. Maybe some of these older players want to be part of that also???
    4 - will both clubs actually survive this joint venture or are the whispers true? This is the most laughable thing i have heard in years

All in all - good luck to them. If that's their approach, let's see what happens down the track. Just would be nice if they stayed in their own backyard and I feel a little for Camden, because if we are up against it a little bit, I can only imagine what they're copping. Feel sorry for Camden??? Do you think they don't/haven't approached players from both the joint venture clubs for years? Surely any club that is run well and has a good relationship with its players has nothing to worry about[/QUOTE]

Page 1 of 19 1234511 ... LastLast