Page 4 of 63 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast

Thread: Swans VFL 2023

VFL boys playing GWS VFL side this morning. I guess I will have to to look at the GWS website for a report as Swans haven't even acknowledged the game. Oh well

Ego alta, ergo ictus Ruck'n'Roll's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rickmat View Post
    VFL boys playing GWS VFL side this morning. I guess I will have to to look at the GWS website for a report as Swans haven't even acknowledged the game. Oh well
    Yes indeed, thank goodness for the award winning GWS media team, where would our club be without them.
    Maybe when we were recruiting Trusslove, we should have been raiding their media team. Forget any weekness in the ruck, it's our media team that's our biggest achilles heel.
    Loose translation from the Latin is - I am tall, so I hit out.

For whatever it's worth, this is the squad.

10.Aaron Francis, 17.Will Gould, 25.Cooper Vickery, 28.Will Edwards, 29.Angus Sheldrick, 32.Jaiden Magor, 33.Marc Sheather, 34.Matty Roberts, 35.Caleb Mitchell, 36.Joel Amartey, 37.Corey Warner, 40.Cameron Owen, 41.Lachie Rankin, 43.Lewis Melican, 45.Hugo Hall-Kahan, 46.Lachlan McAndrew, 47.Jake Bartholomaeus, 50.Jake Brown, 52.Nick Shipley, 53.Charlie Haley, 55.Harry Morrison, 56.Tom Howard, 57.Jake Veale, 58.Tom Longmire, 59.Jordan Endemann, 61.Max Geddes, 63.Toby Alker, 65.Ethan Grace, 68.Nick McGill, **.James Tidemann

IN: Edwards, Francis, Haley, Magor, McAndrew, Melican, Roberts, Sheather, Sheldrick, Veale
    OUT: Ben Ashley-Cooper, Nick Blakey, Jack Dadd, Riley Fitzroy, Will Hopkins, Angus Jones, Indhi Kirk, Hayden McLean, Jackson Tikkeros, Christian Webster

Good call RnR!

Thanks for the squad deja. Good to see that Sheather is playing!
    All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated, and well supported in logic and argument than others. -Douglas Adams, author (11 Mar 1952-2001)

Pushing for Selection
    Pics from the VFL practice game https://cartercapture.smugmug.com/Swans-GWS-Res

Result?
    All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated, and well supported in logic and argument than others. -Douglas Adams, author (11 Mar 1952-2001)

Regular in the Side
    Have no idea on the result but saw Cadman got six.

Pushing for Selection
    Didnt see a scoreboard but well beaten. Cadman was on fire in Q3, looks very promising. Amartey was the main likely forward, Warner looked ok in midfield, Sheldrick found the ball but disposal not good. Owen looks like one to work with.

Great snaps once again ootf. Many thanks.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by ootf View Post
    Pics from the VFL practice game https://cartercapture.smugmug.com/Swans-GWS-Res
    Brilliant.

Quote Originally Posted by ootf View Post
    Didnt see a scoreboard but well beaten. Cadman was on fire in Q3, looks very promising. Amartey was the main likely forward, Warner looked ok in midfield, Sheldrick found the ball but disposal not good. Owen looks like one to work with.
    Thanks very much! Do you have any idea if Amartey would be fit enough to be called up to the AFL side to replace Buddy?

I have heard that we were in front at half time but got blown away in the second half. I'm not actually that fussed about knowing the score - I'm more interested in the general narrative of the game and how individuals performed.

Pushing for Selection
    Understand Bloodspirit. Photographers may not be the best source of info 😂 but Joel appeared to play a good amount of game time and was running a few laps with Melican during Q4.

Page 4 of 63 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast