HB Blakey TMcCartin Fox
    C Gulden Mills McInerney
    HF Heeney Reid Hayward
    F Papley Franklin McDonald
    R Hickey Warner Rowbottom

Interchange
    Parker Florent Jacob Konstanty Aaron Francis

SUB Stephens

Is it possible that Konstanty and Francis could become regulars in our best 22 for 2023 season?

If that was the case would Campbell, Cunningham, Stephens, Clarke and or McInerny need to drop back to Reserves ?

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie.Gerald View Post
    Sydney's best 22

FB Rampe PMcCartin Lloyd
    HB Blakey TMcCartin Fox
    C Gulden Mills McInerney
    HF Heeney Reid Hayward
    F Papley Franklin McDonald
    R Hickey Warner Rowbottom

Interchange
    Parker Florent Jacob Konstanty Aaron Francis

SUB Stephens

Is it possible that Konstanty and Francis could become regulars in our best 22 for 2023 season?

If that was the case would Campbell, Cunningham, Stephens, Clarke and or McInerny need to drop back to Reserves ?
    I would swap out Ladhams for Francis , stephens in for Konstanty and Cunningham/Campbell the sub
    We had such a good run with injury last year we didn’t really have to test our depth .
    Would be near on impossible to expect all to be available first round but we can dream .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by gloveski View Post
    I would swap out Ladhams for Francis , stephens in for Konstanty and Cunningham/Campbell the sub
    We had such a good run with injury last year we didn’t really have to test our depth .
    Would be near on impossible to expect all to be available first round but we can dream .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I wouldn't have Ladhams AND Reid AND McDonald in the side. Either Reid is there as a relief ruck, in which case we don't need Ladhams (assuming Hickey is fit), or he's there as a second tall forward, in which case I think McDonald makes the forward line too big and cumbersome (assuming Franklin is available).

Veterans List
    Whoa, not even Xmas yet and we're picking a side for March 18 !

I'm keeping my powder dry and working on who goes out for Magor ;-)

"be tough, only when it gets tough"

Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    Whoa, not even Xmas yet and we're picking a side for March 18 !

I'm keeping my powder dry and working on who goes out for Magor ;-)
    Why are you so big on Magor? What do you know? I can see you're local so thinking you may have seen him play?
    All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated, and well supported in logic and argument than others. -Douglas Adams, author (11 Mar 1952-2001)

Ego alta, ergo ictus Ruck'n'Roll's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    I wouldn't have Ladhams AND Reid AND McDonald in the side. Either Reid is there as a relief ruck, in which case we don't need Ladhams (assuming Hickey is fit), or he's there as a second tall forward, in which case I think McDonald makes the forward line too big and cumbersome (assuming Franklin is available).
    Maybe we could play both Reid, McDonald and Hickey/Ladhams. One ruck (Hickey) goes full tilt for half a game then gets subbed off for Buddy (hoping he spends the year as the 23rd man), Ladham rucks the rest of the game, with Reid relieving.

Although after the GF, I'd be happy with one genuine ruckman, and a pair of ruck-competent relievers. Which means an Amarty, Reid and Logan forward line, with Buddy replacing whichever is least effective / most dinged up in the second half.
    Last edited by Ruck'n'Roll; 14th December 2022 at 05:38 AM.

I think it is a bit early to judge who will be in the first 23 of the season. The trial games have not even started yet. I am going to wait until those are over. You never know, there could be a few bolters.

I am keen to see how Roberts, Sheldrick, Magor, Kostanty, Francis, Gould, Amartey, McLean, Sheather, Cory Warner, Ladhams, Vickery, Edwards, Rankin & Hall-Khan go in the preseason matches. I am also aware some players have had some surgery and are nursing injuries back to health. So, best to wait and see who is fit and who is aspiring.

Sent from my JAT-L29 using Tapatalk

Veterans List
    Those not in people's 23 make for a very nice list, so much potential at the club now, a lot of project players but so many with the possibility of a high ceiling.

Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    Those not in people's 23 make for a very nice list, so much potential at the club now, a lot of project players but so many with the possibility of a high ceiling.
    Yes I agree. It is very good to see. Sometimes we have struggled for depth. But now we seem to have great depth. Any player no matter where drafted can impress. But then again we have had great success with rookies for some unknown reason.

Lloyd, Rampe, Papley, McLean, Wicks, Amartey, McCartin and Fox all being rookies

Sent from my JAT-L29 using Tapatalk