Page 220 of 325 FirstFirst ... 120170210216217218219220221222223224230270320 ... LastLast
Results 2,629 to 2,640 of 3893

Thread: 2023 List Management

Melbourne would probably want McLean. He's the closest we have to Jackson who they miss since he left.

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie.Gerald View Post
    The rumours are:

Sydney Swans set to play hardball on Grundy,

apparently premiership defender Joel Hamling from Freeo has requested a trade to Sydney

Don Pyke looking like he'll be the next CEO of West Coast which opens up an assistant coaching spot for us (Stuart Dew reunion please!)

Paddy Dow is apparently in Japan, weighing up decision to join either St Kilda or Sydney.

Jordon from Melb has reportedly requested a trade to Sydney Swans
    Stephen’s requested a trade to North Melb
    Grundy is a no brainer- he is needed as No. 1, with Mensa as backup.
    Don’t know enough about Hamling but if cheap all round then ok as he wants to come.
    Paddy Dow ok, but needs to commit 100%, otherwise go to the Saints.
    Jordon wants to come- great!
    Stephens to Norf: Bye bye and thanks for the memory.

Definite no for Oliver as doing a trade would be too complicated and would cost too much for future salary cap and loss of our star players.

Warming the Bench
    There must be something going on behind the scenes if Melbourne is open to trading Oliver.
    He's one of the best few midfielders in the competition and Melbourne trading him (from a footy perspective) is madness.
    I would tread with caution here.

Warming the Bench
    Blog Entries
    I agree with you Liz. The 3 21 year olds you have mentioned are untouchable from my perspective and are the future. Suspect this whole thing may be a media buildup possibly instigated by Melbourne in an attempt to fire Oliver up.
    While Oliver would be great for any team we need to focus on getting the Grundy, Jordan, Dow deals done, and hopefully one more on top of that.

Regular in the Side
    Blog Entries
    Ollie Wines is being mentioned. Are they serious?

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    With Doedee nominating Brisbane, I’d rather we went after Gardiner rather than Hamling if we’re chasing another KPD. Gardiner must be feeling a little unloved. I know he’s not super tall, but some blokes play tall and he just did a job on both Curnow and Mihocek. Only just turned 28, would represent a major upgrade on Francis and arguably Melican.

Particularly given - per Ludwig’s post earlier - I struggle to see us getting O’Sullivan, though Murphy might still be in range. Even if we got Geelong’s pick 7, I don’t see O’Sullivan being in play unless the Dees move up to pick 1, which would involve sacrificing pick 5. Whoever has pick 1 takes Reid, then Curtin and McKercher go to either Norf or WCE - who most likely hold 2&3. Both need midfield class and a KPD, so that’s a lock. If the Dogs get pick 4, they take Watson as they’re already getting Croft and have a plethora of talls. That means the Dees - who have limited KP stocks and Steven May turning 32 - take O’Sullivan, even if they stay at 5. And I reckon they take him at 4 if they nab that.
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say

Although most of us are disappointed with some of our midfield play this year, especially at CBs, I think we have quite a good midfield for the age profile. The instability with our ruckmen has not helped our midfield developmentor performance. Grundy should make a world of difference and we might find a considerable improvement with the same personnel. A few key components of our midfield, Warner, Rowbottom and especially Sheldrick, are still early in their development. We are looking to add Jordon and possibly Paddy Dow.

As good as Oliver is, I don't think it's the right fit for the Swans right now. A lot of draft capital has gone into our midfield, in part, at the expense of KPPs. Recruiting Oliver would further imbalance our team structure, especially since we would likely have to send McDonald to Melbourne, something I would be very reluctant to do. As liz points out, there are many similarities to the Judd-Kennedy trade.

Now that trade week is nearly here, there are too many names coming into play to assess. I'm pleased that Grundy and Jordon look likely additions. It's hard to say what happens next. Some change is helpful, but we don't need a major overhaul.

I can’t see us adding Oliver, he’d cost far too much. The footy soothsayers obviously think the same thing, as now Wines is being touted as a trade target! Perhaps they just got their “Olivers” mixed up previously.
    Love this time of year, when pure fantasy meets breathless hyperbole in a space otherwise filled with wild speculation.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Kafka's Ghost View Post
    I can’t see us adding Oliver, he’d cost far too much. The footy soothsayers obviously think the same thing, as now Wines is being touted as a trade target! Perhaps they just got their “Olivers” mixed up previously.
    Love this time of year, when pure fantasy meets breathless hyperbole in a space otherwise filled with wild speculation.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk
    and it keeps us all entertained!

I think Ludwig's observations are about right

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kafka's Ghost View Post
    Sometimes be successful in the trade period you've got to pick a pocket or two.
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

Ladies and gents I think the least of our worries is going to hard in the trade market

We are infrequently fishing in this ocean

Ruck
    Mid depth
    KPD

These spots we need to round out….will be value signings and even Grundy will be well below his market value