Page 1 of 28 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: 2024 Pre Season

Veterans List

2024 Pre Season

Put it all in here.

Hopefully a local or two can get to training and have a snoop

Gee, looking at the pics from the first day of pre-season training, Sheldrick looks unbelievably buffed and fit. He will be one of our stars of the 2024 season given the positive impact of Grundy in the square and around the ground. Go Sheldrick

Veterans List
    Hopefully our reserves can have a more stable playing list this season to help with development.

Quite a number of young players had very interrupted seasons this year so could/should have a lot of upside if they stay fit. Konstanty, Mitchell, Sheldrick, Vickery, Magor have an important season ahead - go well

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by rickmat View Post
    Gee, looking at the pics from the first day of pre-season training, Sheldrick looks unbelievably buffed and fit. He will be one of our stars of the 2024 season given the positive impact of Grundy in the square and around the ground. Go Sheldrick
    He is very strongly built. Hope he can keep his weight at the right level. No reason why not I guess.

Senior Player
    The first day of preseason gallery:

Swans return for pre-season training

Great to read and hear from Grundy and Adams and how they are settling in and getting to know the Swans , players, coaches and great training facilities. I have a feeling these two will add an edge to the Swans in 24 as they have the experience and leadership qualities for our young team. Go Swannied

Veterans List
    Gotta say, just from the pics, Taylor Adams looks in fantastic nick, especially given he was injured at the time of the GF. Could end up being a bigger pick up than Grundy!

Not Swans specific but always amusing how AFL clubs report that senior guys have come back early like its a huge stretch.

Im 40 and train 5 days a week at the gym, for an elite footballer to come in a week or 2 ahead of time it really isnt a thing.

None of them would have had more than a week break, they would all be running and gym work everyday at some capacity

Waswan mate couldn’t be happier to hear your zeal and passion to train almost every day of the week

I think elite peak performance has a little more intensity though that is very difficult to manage mentally, emotionally and physically

I’m guessing club commitments at AFL levels are 35hrs per week minimum? Vs gym 5 x per week x 90mins = 7.5hrs per week?

When I was playing reps and also trying to train for a marathon at 33yrs of age I was battling niggling injuries all year long every week.

I could only imagine what pro athletes are juggling with re niggling / strained injuries every other day of the week just to keep at 95% if u are lucky?

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie.Gerald View Post
    Waswan mate couldn’t be happier to hear your zeal and passion to train almost every day of the week

I think elite peak performance has a little more intensity though that is very difficult to manage mentally, emotionally and physically

I’m guessing club commitments at AFL levels are 35hrs per week minimum? Vs gym 5 x per week x 90mins = 7.5hrs per week?

When I was playing reps and also trying to train for a marathon at 33yrs of age I was battling niggling injuries all year long every week.

I could only imagine what pro athletes are juggling with re niggling / strained injuries every other day of the week just to keep at 95% if u are lucky?
    My point being its probably easier just to turn up to the club a week or 2 early in December and appear to be "switched on" when in reality the they are doing all that workload whether they are there or not

Mate I hear u

But if u have been round the traps for years as a pro athlete and mature player having a bit of extra time with family etc is not two weeks

It’s gold…….it’s invaluable

The season as a high performance pro athlete is insane and no doubt do tricky to navigate when away every second week for games and constantly distracted by the intense event just round the corner

These guys train at such a ridiculous level every single day

Edwards is freakin’ huge! 💪

Page 1 of 28 1234511 ... LastLast