Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Round 1: the other games. Here we are again.

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    A draw. Bwahahahahahahahahaha.
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say

Perfect result!

- - - Updated - - -

Hopefully it undermines Carlton's self-belief. Won't be a massive boost for Richmond either.
    All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated, and well supported in logic and argument than others. -Douglas Adams, author (11 Mar 1952-2001)

Senior Player
    Blues found a way to drop that one...interesting result in a way I guess, I think that's only the 12th Round 1 draw in V/AFL history.

McKay stays on his feet, Blues probably win it. Little moments.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodspirit View Post
    Perfect result!

- - - Updated - - -

Hopefully it undermines Carlton's self-belief. Won't be a massive boost for Richmond either.
    I'm thinking that Carlton to miss the finals by two points might now be a good bet?

Last night was the first time since 2011 when a round 1 game was drawn, when we played Melbourne at the MCG (84 points a piece). That would've been Longmire's first game as senior coach if I'm not mistaken?

Found highlights of that match. Noticed Sam Reid & Gary Rohan as the only Swans that day still playing.

Jack Riewoldt now has the record of playing in the most drawn games - 8

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by KSAS View Post
    Last night was the first time since 2011 when a round 1 game was drawn, when we played Melbourne at the MCG (84 points a piece). That would've been Longmire's first game as senior coach if I'm not mistaken?

Found highlights of that match. Noticed Sam Reid & Gary Rohan as the only Swans that day still playing.

And I think that round marked the introduction of the first "sub" iteration. IIRC, we went in with Mark Seaby as sub, which gave rise to some debate / head-scratching / consternation.

Quote Originally Posted by KSAS View Post

I remember that game well - was a frustrating afternoon of footy, but a good game. And yes I'm sure we went with Seaby as our first ever sub.

Also - had to laugh this morning when I saw someone suggest both teams should have to sing this after a draw: It's a Draw! - YouTube
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    And I think that round marked the introduction of the first "sub" iteration. IIRC, we went in with Mark Seaby as sub, which gave rise to some debate / head-scratching / consternation.
    I also recall Mark Seaby being our first sub, which sounds plausible that it was in this game.

Footnote: Noticed in that game highlights, Lewis Jetta burning off a Melbourne player around the same MCG wing in eerie similar fashion 12 months later in 2012 GF on Rioli.

Ego alta, ergo ictus Ruck'n'Roll's Avatar
    It's great to have the reason starting, but it's so frustrating that the AFL gives the NRL a 2 week head start every year.

Is it that the AFL is clueless or indifferent to the proggress of the game in the Norther States?
    Last edited by Ruck'n'Roll; 17th March 2023 at 12:43 PM.
    Loose translation from the Latin is - I am tall, so I hit out.

Outer wing, Lake Oval Sandridge's Avatar
    Thanks for starting the "other games" thread again this year, deja!

As distasteful as last year's Grand Final was, I still derive great pleasure from knowing we stopped Collingwood from having a chance to take the flag. Hope the Cats smash the Pies tonight!

Hope the Eagles beat Norf.

Will never, ever forget or forgive the injustice of the 2016 GF so hope the Bulldogs get smashed by the Dees and every other team they play this year.

Don't mind either way about the other non-Swans games.

GO YOU MIGHTY BLOODS!!

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by mcs View Post
    Also - had to laugh this morning when I saw someone suggest both teams should have to sing this after a draw: It's a Draw! - YouTube
    That's brilliant!

Nice of the Collingwood defence to give Zach Touhy a St Patrick's day gift.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast