Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Thread - Round 1 vs Gold Coast @ Metricon Stadium

Senior Player
    Kelli said it was an elbow and Buddy was in strife - lol.

He’s not in strife .

Regular in the Side
    We’re on top of the ladder!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Patterns emerge, but do they mean anything? No.

Nice to have a comfortable win in a "danger game". Witts is a formidable ruck so to overcome that disadvantage and be the hungrier, contested side all night in (I'm assuming) terribly slippery conditions is excellent. I'm now looking forward to seeing how we go with some dry footy.

Chad, Errol, Dyl, and Ramps our best for me but overall not too many passengers.

Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    Is Mills wearing a glove because of an injury?

Veteran Site Admin
    The commentators seemed obsessed with picking out every fumble by Uwland, the Suns' debutant - on a night where every player was fumbling. I thought he had a very impressive game for a newbie.

Professional, hard-working and intelligent performance from the Swans. It was hard to pick any real standouts, though Ladhams had a good game (even if Witts was the Suns' best). Rampe was great, especially in the second quarter, and Tom McCartin was (mostly) a dependable rock.

They might not make my "bests" list, but I was encouraged by how comfortable and involved both McDonald and Campbell were. They look ready to take that step to becoming integral parts of the team, rather than floating around on the fringes.

Yay, we beat the Suns - great to draw them outside the 3 week window they try every year

Quote Originally Posted by AB Swannie View Post
    Nice to have a comfortable win in a "danger game". Witts is a formidable ruck so to overcome that disadvantage and be the hungrier, contested side all night in (I'm assuming) terribly slippery conditions is excellent. I'm now looking forward to seeing how we go with some dry footy.

Chad, Errol, Dyl, and Ramps our best for me but overall not too many passengers.
    Yes, hard to pick out our best, but I would include the four that you mentioned. I also thought the McCartins were very solid. I think between them, Gold Coast's three tall forwards got 15 possessions and kicked 1.1. Florent was also very classy and some of Papley's brilliant touches were instrumental when the game was still undecided.

Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    I think Gulden was one of our best. No one was bad . Hayward had a bit of a shocker accuracy-wise but still played a very good game.
    Steven's was very good, especially early in the game when it mattered. Although he seemed to hit late a few times with no call from the umps.

Senior Player
    Great to have a comfortable win.

We let them have too much of a run though in the last quarter. We were leading 88 - 40 or thereabouts which had us on track for 200+ percentage.

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    The commentators seemed obsessed with picking out every fumble by Uwland, the Suns' debutant - on a night where every player was fumbling. I thought he had a very impressive game for a newbie.

Professional, hard-working and intelligent performance from the Swans. It was hard to pick any real standouts, though Ladhams had a good game (even if Witts was the Suns' best). Rampe was great, especially in the second quarter, and Tom McCartin was (mostly) a dependable rock.

They might not make my "bests" list, but I was encouraged by how comfortable and involved both McDonald and Campbell were. They look ready to take that step to becoming integral parts of the team, rather than floating around on the fringes.
    I was very pleased with Campbell tonight - thought he looked really comfortable out there which was good.

Messy conditions to say the least made it hard to get a good read out of the game, but a very solid first hit out to help blow a few more cobwebs out. Chad just doing Chad things, Stephens building clearly on a great 2nd half of last season, and Gulden just being Gulden

Much tougher tests to come, but I think we can be pretty pleased with a decent first hit out.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Veterans List
    Emphatic win. Couldn't ask for better in Round 1.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast