Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: Match thread: Swans v Hawks.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruck'n'Roll View Post
    Yep all 4 on the ground (plus a ruck) at the one time would make us too tall.
    The sub is such a stupid rule with the AFL trying to gimmick more tactics/discussion re who will be sub and when will they come on. Just make it an extra player on the interchange already.

The game is interesting and physically challenging enough without importing a soccer rule with all the issues it creates (like is it a proper debut or not, limited minutes for the sub who comes on late, the subbed out player not being able to be brought back on if there are injuries to other players etc).

With the sub rule replaced by an extended bench, we wouldn’t have to consider conniving Buddy to be a super sub or not, and a player like Roberts would get more decent game time.

We could also play Roberts for 50-60% TOG by taking a few % TOG off lots of different players instead of effectively taking it all from the player subbed out.

Stupid unnecessary rule.

Veterans List
    On Footy Classified they showed the initial coaches votes for our game, and one of the coaches accidentally selected Will Gould instead of Gulden! They blamed Longmire.

I just watched footage on the Swans app of Luke Parker mic'ed up during the game. It's really interesting.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Maltopia View Post
    The sub is such a stupid rule with the AFL trying to gimmick more tactics/discussion re who will be sub and when will they come on. Just make it an extra player on the interchange already.

The game is interesting and physically challenging enough without importing a soccer rule with all the issues it creates (like is it a proper debut or not, limited minutes for the sub who comes on late, the subbed out player not being able to be brought back on if there are injuries to other players etc).

With the sub rule replaced by an extended bench, we wouldn’t have to consider conniving Buddy to be a super sub or not, and a player like Roberts would get more decent game time.

We could also play Roberts for 50-60% TOG by taking a few % TOG off lots of different players instead of effectively taking it all from the player subbed out.

Stupid unnecessary rule.
    I agree entirely.

Was it just me, or was the volume of post-goal music down significantly on 2022? I came away barely having been annoyed...

Quote Originally Posted by Mel_C View Post
    On Footy Classified they showed the initial coaches votes for our game, and one of the coaches accidentally selected Will Gould instead of Gulden! They blamed Longmire.

I just watched footage on the Swans app of Luke Parker mic'ed up during the game. It's really interesting.
    Yes, I enjoyed that. And it wasn't just that it showed how much chat goes on. The loud bumps emphasised how physical the game is and combined with the up close camera work, it demonstrated how threats can come from any angle. Which in turn emphasises how rapidly players have to process options, in order to get away effective disposals.

It also made me wonder, how many fans, if given a choice between listening to a miked up player and the Channel 7 commentary team, would go for the player?

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    Yes, I enjoyed that. And it wasn't just that it showed how much chat goes on. The loud bumps emphasised how physical the game is and combined with the up close camera work, it demonstrated how threats can come from any angle. Which in turn emphasises how rapidly players have to process options, in order to get away effective disposals.

It also made me wonder, how many fans, if given a choice between listening to a miked up player and the Channel 7 commentary team, would go for the player?
    I don't know about listening to all of those grunts for two hours. However, I would certainly prefer a crowd sounds feed to the Ch7 commentary. It's a matter of time before Fox is allowed a provide its own commentary for simulcast games (as occurs in the NRL) and that would be fine too.

Quote Originally Posted by MattW View Post
    I don't know about listening to all of those grunts for two hours. However, I would certainly prefer a crowd sounds feed to the Ch7 commentary. It's a matter of time before Fox is allowed a provide its own commentary for simulcast games (as occurs in the NRL) and that would be fine too.
    Perhaps there could a mixture of the two? The Channel 7 commentary mixed with the sounds of Taylor, Brayshaw, Darcy, etc, being tackled by current players?

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678