Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Thread: Rnd 10 - Pre Match Thread - vs North Melbourne at Marvel Stadium, Saturday 20 May, 1:454 PM

Outer wing, Lake Oval Sandridge's Avatar
    Yes, North have already started the "Do it for Clarko" thing. Always find exhortations like this amusing. Elite athletes don't get to the top by needing a reason to try especially hard!

Senior Player
    Was it by design or by coincidence that Clarko decided to step away during the Sir Doug Nicholls Round?
    You'd think that elite athletes would be able to get their sht together without requiring some seismic event like a coach to trigger a return to form. I do expect North to be more 'spirited.' Most sides would probably see themselves as being a chance atm against an injury decimated Swans outfit.

I'm more superstitious about facing a side that has been pilloried by the media in the week leading into the game. Particularly when they have had their effort and / or desire questioned. Seems to have happened to us too often in recent times. The 2017 Semi v Geelong was one of the worst examples.
    It's very hard to live in a studio apartment in San Jose with a man who's learning to play violin. That's what she told the police when she handed them the empty revolver.
    The Scarlatti Tilt - Richard Brautigan

Quote Originally Posted by i'm-uninformed2 View Post
    Sigh. I still remember how good his tap work looked in that first game of the season vs Adelaide in 2020, just before he went down again. He was so deft and made our mids look so good.
    He was brilliant that game and our on-ballers really benefited from his dominance! I was really excited for him and the side going forward that day! Such a tragedy how it all turned out...

TBH I reckon that McAndrew has had a similar trajectory so far in the ressies from being a real project player, to now looking like someone who might actually make it at the top level!

Hopefully he does ok tomorrow and then gains some more confidence from it!

Sent from my SM-F936B using Tapatalk

Ego alta, ergo ictus Ruck'n'Roll's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by i'm-uninformed2 View Post
    Sigh. I still remember how good his tap work looked in that first game of the season vs Adelaide in 2020, just before he went down again. He was so deft and made our mids look so good.
    Yep, Crayfish to Ollie and away was a thing of sublime beauty, super clean clearances - alas it did not last.
    Loose translation from the Latin is - I am tall, so I hit out.

Ego alta, ergo ictus Ruck'n'Roll's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wolftone57 View Post
    No. He was not spent. I remember that quite well. Longmire pulled him. He was getting towelled up very badly by Maric. He battled on until half time then Longmire pulled him. Maric was probably the best in the league at that stage. Not a really good match to start your career. Could have started against Carlton or Bullies who's rucks were overrated.
    Saying Sam "battled on" when he sat out the whole second half was simply nonsense. And that doesn't change when you shift ground and start argueing why he was benched.
    Loose translation from the Latin is - I am tall, so I hit out.

Warming the Bench redstarforever's Avatar
    how things change before you realise today swans up n about in full force then all of a sudden half our team is on the injury list ffs! no excuses though, we are due for some positives and should take care of nth today 😊

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    If you believe the accusations against Clarko, then its not hard to believe his recent actions are re-framing the debate to make him the 'victim'.

Anyway, I'm glad the swans are 1000 miles away from this mess.
    The AFL have shut the enquiry down. They say nothing to see here. No discrimination. If it had been handed to the Anti-Discrimination Commission in the first place I would be much more confident. Then it would no longer be an AFL problem and it would be a truly independent enquiry

Sent from my JAT-L29 using Tapatalk

Now to today's game. Obviously, Stretch gets to play forward today. He is 210cm. Let's hope he can find the pill and take a few big grabs

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by wolftone57 View Post
    Now to today's game. Obviously, Stretch gets to play forward today. He is 210cm. Let's hope he can find the pill and take a few big grabs

6ft 10 and a bit in the old. Seriously big unit.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789