Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Round 11: the other games. Interest level has been maintained.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    IIRC, a few years back, the AFL did decide to attach suspensions and fines to staging, but then didn't really both to follow it up. Those punishments might actually still be in the rule book somewhere?
    It's typical of this league.....it's responds to 'trends' but never seems to stick with that response. Things cool off and everything goes back to normal....if you could call mismanagement normal but it's normal for this league.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post

The one good thing is that proven stagers tend to get a bad run from umpires after it's pointed out how they got duped. The umps don't like being embarrassed like that and there is payback down the road for the worst offenders.
    Or when a 'legend' coach has a sook about a Swans player.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by KSAS View Post
    I did tip us & Freo as I was going for some calculated roughies being so far behind in the tipping. I was so tempted to pick GC and ruing not doing so. Missed put on GWS and Hawks. Could've made serious inroads.

I have tipped Crows against Brissy and Tigers against Port as my other roughies today.
    I have 5 out of 8 so far and did tip the Swans and the Suns.....and picked Brissy over the Crows who are leading by 3pts at the moment.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    The Roar:

“Suns cop some of 2023's most one-sided dodgy umpiring, win anyway

Every neutral supporter was barracking for the Suns after some of these calls!”

BTL comment: “I really wish to one day find someone who loves me as much as the umps love the dogs”

https://www.theroar.com.au/afl/video...nyway-1279274/
    I'm sure that was Titus O'Rielly.....he definitely said it. Who is BTL?

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Blood Fever View Post
    Agree about 50m. The Suns player just stood on the spot where the mark was taken. Also, the umps often ask the players to come back a couple of steps. Shocker.
    Yep, that umpire basically lied to give that 50. Disgusting grub.

Veterans List
    Crows win, the town will be unbearable this week :-(

No one highlights umpire errors or bias as the AFL will stamp their papers.

Veterans List
    I'm glad the staging by King and Weightman is being highlighted by all media. It is a disgrace and I'm glad it didn't cost the opposition the wins.

Last year Weightman said it was a "skill set" milking frees.

The AFL have to start being tough on them. Fine them, and if they keep doing it, suspend them.

Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    I'm sure that was Titus O'Rielly.....he definitely said it. Who is BTL?
    Assuming that it's a genuine question, BTL = below the line. As in; article - line - comments section.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    Assuming that it's a genuine question, BTL = below the line. As in; article - line - comments section.

Thanks deja. Yeah, I saw that comment eventually....he definitely stole it off Titus, who said it last year.

Aut vincere aut mori Thunder Shaker's Avatar
    My secret laboratory in the suburbs of Melbourne
    Quote Originally Posted by Mel_C View Post
    I'm glad the staging by King and Weightman is being highlighted by all media. It is a disgrace and I'm glad it didn't cost the opposition the wins.

Last year Weightman said it was a "skill set" milking frees.

The AFL have to start being tough on them. Fine them, and if they keep doing it, suspend them.
    The "keep doing it" should be structured as each incident of staging should be half a week plus a fine. This would match the sanction in association football, where "diving" is penalised as misconduct and a yellow card.

Staging is already a reportable offence according to the Laws of Australian Football. Why aren't these incidents of staging being sanctioned by the MRO?
    "Unbelievable!" -- Nick Davis leaves his mark on the 2005 semi final

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder Shaker View Post
    The "keep doing it" should be structured as each incident of staging should be half a week plus a fine. This would match the sanction in association football, where "diving" is penalised as misconduct and a yellow card.

Staging is already a reportable offence according to the Laws of Australian Football. Why aren't these incidents of staging being sanctioned by the MRO?
    I agree they should already be sanctioned. Especially this week where both King and Weightman had multiple incidents, so it wasn't a one off.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567