Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Luke Parker suspension

Luke Parker suspension

1 week for dangerous tackle!

Should challenge given it was a single motion tackle with no slinging action and the tacklee wasn’t injured.

Not sure how it compares to other recent suspensions but doesn’t seem like Parker did anything particularly untoward.

Veteran Site Admin
    I reckon about at least half of the "dangerous tackles" cited by the MRO this season have been challenged at the tribunal and not a single challenge has been upheld. There's really little point in challenging this one.

I agree it was at the lower end of the scale as there was no slinging motion, but there was a slight dumping action. I reckon we just need to suck it up.

Senior Player
    Agree. He will be sorely missed. Not sure how we replace his grunt. Maybe a mixture Heeney, Papley and Sheldrick, although the latter is just a baby.

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    I reckon about at least half of the "dangerous tackles" cited by the MRO this season have been challenged at the tribunal and not a single challenge has been upheld. There's really little point in challenging this one.

I agree it was at the lower end of the scale as there was no slinging motion, but there was a slight dumping action. I reckon we just need to suck it up.
    Spot on Liz. Accept the penalty, move on and it gives Luke more time to heal his facial injury.

Quote Originally Posted by Blood Fever View Post
    Agree. He will be sorely missed. Not sure how we replace his grunt. Maybe a mixture Heeney, Papley and Sheldrick, although the latter is just a baby.
    Wondering with Rampe's impending return whether they'll consider releasing other players to play more midfield like Blakey and Campbell or go for selection replacement like Stephens or Sheldrick?

I'd be surprised if the club doesn't challenge Parker's suspension, considering they did so with Buddy's against GC, which was more obvious.

Has there been a week this season where we haven't lost anyone through suspension or injury?

Senior Player
    It's a worry. With Mills out as well, we have lost our two best inside players although Rowbottom is very hard at it. Parker does a heap of scrapping so we will need to rotate a few through there.

Veteran Site Admin
    I wonder if there's an outside chance Mills will be right to return. It will be just under four weeks since his injury, so probably not, but we're due a miracle this season.

Otherwise, I imagine Heeney and Papley will each increase their centre bounce clearance attendance. It's helpful that both seemed to be moving more freely on Friday than they have for a while. Errol might also need to do a bit more grunt work. He was doing a lot earlier in the season, but they seem to have changed his balance in recent weeks (to good effect). He may need to return to it for this week. And if Rampe is back, maybe that releases Fox to playing on small or mediums full time, and maybe Campbell to come up and play the whole game on the wing.

Veterans List
    It's only St.Kilda LOL

Two weeks off will freshen him up.

If Mills and Parker are both out, it's a good opportunity to give Sheldrick a run on the ball. He has the kind of game that should transition well to AFL level, although he has yet to show it. We took him in the draft to be that inside bull midfielder, instead of taking JVR, so we should give him a chance to show me made a good decision.

Senior Player
    Agree but we shouldn't expect too much. Only turned 19 late last year.

Veteran Site Admin
    My guess is that the coaches don't yet trust his endurance to play a full game of AFL onball. He probably needs a big pre-season to give himself a chance of becoming part of the midfield rotations next season.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    The CBAs at Carlton were Parker 19, Warner 16, Hickey 15, Papley 14, Heeney 7, McAndrew6, Rowbottom 5, Gulden 2

Surprised that Heeney’s was so low but maybe it was a case of him having a real impact for all 7 of his attendances. They could “replace” Parker by restoring Rowbottom to his usual numbers with a bit more from Heeney and Gulden and bring another outside runner in Stephens.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast