Page 27 of 36 FirstFirst ... 17232425262728293031 ... LastLast

Thread: Rd 13 vs St Kilda @ SCG - Match Thread

Quote Originally Posted by 0918330512 View Post
    Not a single male obstetrician has actually given birth and yet many of them are pretty good at what they do. You don’t have to have played the game to understand it.

Kind of like you don’t need to be an English literature professor to be able spell properly.

- - - Updated - - -

Really?! Did you watch the game against Geelong?!
    we had excuses against Geelong, with half a side, we had enough tonight to ge that done

Quote Originally Posted by Melbournehammer View Post
    They’ve had almost all of their forwards unavailable until now and they sit what 8 and 4? It reminds me a bit of Andrew Demetrius saying Paul Roos won’t win anything playing that way.

A bit of credit for the success is due and we deserve a lot of criticism for the absence of same this season. Apart from maybe Parker and gulden I’d struggle to think of a swans player who has either improved or consistently played to their ability
    Blakey. Amartey was showing a lot before he was injured. Clearly underdone yesterday. Campbell. Florent.

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Kafka's Ghost View Post
    Blakey. Amartey was showing a lot before he was injured. Clearly underdone yesterday. Campbell. Florent.

Yep accept blakey

Campbell maybe improving, I don’t think he’s near his level and he’s been inconsistent. Florent had a cracking first half last night but as with his season he’s inconsistent and I really like him but he can be good or he can be anonymous and his kicking can be diabolical. So maybe that’s his level...

Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    I very rarely get upset by umpiring, generally there are a few bad calls and if you watch the game neutrally, they even out.
    I could not watch the game last night, I got about 3 minutes into the 3rd and gave up and watched Jackie Chan on SBS.
    From what I did see I thought Francis will come good in time and Sheldrick did not look out of place in the seniors.
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

Regular in the Side
    U cant blame longmire for wha th players do once they hit the field but he has too take the blame for selection. Sure hickey was "stu'dïn th end but Amerty wasnt right as yet (hasnt played for 6 or so weeks)and we missed Mclean up fwd for his marking SO WHY was McAndrew dropped. Sure he is inexperienced buthe rucked allright when he played and Hickey got a bit of a break and mclean is usefuil on th fwd line. And why didnt we play Arnold instead of ramps as he too hasnt played for weeks. Dont understand it.
    As for the umps it doesnt surprise this one sided performances play both sides for the same infridcement if its good for the goose its good for the gander. In the first qrt why missed a blatant fre for Buddy and after that it dint change, All they are good for is STAND they have at least learnt that word.
    Agree MCI has lost it ,he gets the ball and almost basket ball style twists it around abov ehis hea d and doent know what to do. Wicks is not a first player. Hwn we put fox on the ball we losta backman. Again a selection problem.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by RogueSwan View Post
    I very rarely get upset by umpiring, generally there are a few bad calls and if you watch the game neutrally, they even out.
    I could not watch the game last night, I got about 3 minutes into the 3rd and gave up and watched Jackie Chan on SBS.
    From what I did see I thought Francis will come good in time and Sheldrick did not look out of place in the seniors.
    Francis has been given the role of air traffic controller at the back and shows promise. Just needs to clunk a few more marks when he gets first hands to it above his head.

Quote Originally Posted by Kafka's Ghost View Post
    They were embarrassed and smashed in a recent Preliminary Final. By more than we lost the GF.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk
    You really think being smashed in a preliminary final is worse than a GF. Did I also miss the fact that they had been smashed in a Grand Final a few years earlier as well.

Have they been smashed in a subsequent preliminary final because their coach learned from the experience and made sure his team actually turned up to play?

After the first Grand Final smashing our coach couldnt even make sure it didnt happen again? Geelong were the better team and losing is fine but to not turn up on the biggest day of the year twice is unforgivable. Your meant to learn from your mistakes.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by mcs View Post
    Games are nearly always turgid when it is Lyon vs Longmire. Will always be that way - but that was right up there with the very worse.
    Lyon vs Roos too, I thought I'd gone back in time to the mid-late 2000s last night. That first quarter and a half is up there with the worst I've ever watched.

Not too much else to say. As others have pointed out, a substantial proportion of the best 22 are still not available, so we shouldn't be too surprised. It was an even, if horrible game until the last quarter, then the Saints made goals happen and the Swans fell away.

Looking for positives: second half of the second quarter. I enjoyed Buddy's goals, the first especially, and Papley's, the one on the run from an angle was great. I thought Mclean was solid again, and Sheldrick had a good run. Good to see Rampe and Amartey back, even if a bit underdone.

"Fun" fact via Twitter: exactly 120 years ago (June 8 1903), South Melbourne also scored 0.0 in the first quarter vs St Kilda. I read (haven't checked yet) that last night was the Swans first scoreless first quarter at the SCG. Unusual things happen eventually.

Going to forget this one and move on!

Quote Originally Posted by Melbournehammer View Post
    Yep accept blakey

Campbell maybe improving, I don’t think he’s near his level and he’s been inconsistent. Florent had a cracking first half last night but as with his season he’s inconsistent and I really like him but he can be good or he can be anonymous and his kicking can be diabolical. So maybe that’s his level...
    Once Blakey went off Florent had to change his role from the rebounder to a more lockdown defender, and then we also had to play Fox in the ruck for a while, losing another defender with run.
    Pretty sure Heeney has been injured all year, as even his good games are a fraction of what he’s produced previously. The absence of his class has been telling.
    Campbell is definitely improving.

Quote Originally Posted by lwjoyner View Post
    U cant blame longmire for wha th players do once they hit the field but he has too take the blame for selection. Sure hickey was "stu'dïn th end but Amerty wasnt right as yet (hasnt played for 6 or so weeks)and we missed Mclean up fwd for his marking SO WHY was McAndrew dropped. Sure he is inexperienced buthe rucked allright when he played and Hickey got a bit of a break and mclean is usefuil on th fwd line. And why didnt we play Arnold instead of ramps as he too hasnt played for weeks. Dont understand it.
    As for the umps it doesnt surprise this one sided performances play both sides for the same infridcement if its good for the goose its good for the gander. In the first qrt why missed a blatant fre for Buddy and after that it dint change, All they are good for is STAND they have at least learnt that word.
    Agree MCI has lost it ,he gets the ball and almost basket ball style twists it around abov ehis hea d and doent know what to do. Wicks is not a first player. Hwn we put fox on the ball we losta backman. Again a selection problem.
    Look guys- let’s face it: at the moment our skills are just not good enough. Sure, the umpiring was and continues to be diabolical and inconsistent. Sure, we have many 1st teamers out. Yes, Horse makes mistakes with both selections and tactics. But our lads couldn’t kick, couldn’t mark and couldn’t handball properly so many times that it was painful to watch at times. They fumbled and so often chose the wrong options. In addition we had at least 3 passengers which a team simply can’t afford!

Looking back, I’m amazed we almost could have won the game! Full credit to a few real goers who kept us in the game- the rest forgot how to play football.

Quote Originally Posted by Merdo5555 View Post
    You really think being smashed in a preliminary final is worse than a GF. Did I also miss the fact that they had been smashed in a Grand Final a few years earlier as well.

Have they been smashed in a subsequent preliminary final because their coach learned from the experience and made sure his team actually turned up to play?

After the first Grand Final smashing our coach couldnt even make sure it didnt happen again? Geelong were the better team and losing is fine but to not turn up on the biggest day of the year twice is unforgivable. Your meant to learn from your mistakes.
    Thanks for your response. I’ll make a note not to engage with you again.

Quote Originally Posted by The Big Cat View Post
    Want to know the real reasons we struggled tonight? It’s easy: Callum Mills, Luke Parker, Peter Ladhams, Logan McDonald, Tom McCartin, Paddy McCartin, Sam Reid. These players would all be in the side tonight if not injured and make any talk about Wicks, Clarke etc totally moot. Add in Rampe and Amarty who only played because of necessity plus Matt Roberts who was part of our midfield early on and it’s patently obvious why the team is struggling.
    This is 💯 correct and combine that with our goal kicking accuracy last year, we would have easily won