Page 18 of 28 FirstFirst ... 8141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: 2024 Pre Season

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Auntie.Gerald View Post
    Caleb Mitchell was doing it easy running freely in the inter game...........good anticipation, change of pace.............and he appears to have arms down to his knees...........seems much taller then 186cm?........
    Mitchell pick 40, a rich area of the draft over the years for us. Same pick as Micky O and Parker, other notables Reid at 38, Chad at 39, Goodes at 43, so go Caleb, be another pick 40 gun.

Don't think I've ever been so keen before to see trial games, such intrigue surrounds the make up of the side.

Who will be the other KPD's as only Tom and Rampe (third tall) are locks. Blakey will take one HBF plus Lloyd, but what about the other medium/small backs, anyone pushing out encumbents?

Three KPF needed, assume McL and McD are locks, Amartey, Ladhams, Buller jostling for the third spot.

Midfield and wings, Errol, Chad, Parker, Adams, McInerney probably locks, Rowbottom, JJ, Roberts, Campbell?

So much to play out, trial games will be full bore as players attempt to get their name into the lock column.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by i'm-uninformed2 View Post
    There's also a very funny moment in the video where Rowie marks the ball in space and then has Ladhams looping around next to him, followed by Blakey. He opts for Ladhams and someone yells 'why give it to him'. But Ladhams then nails a 40m pass and yells 'that's why'.
    I laughed when I saw/heard that. But I missed when Ladhams responded with "That's why". I was thinking the same reply when I saw his pass. He looked impressive in the footage shown. Hopefully he has left his brain farts behind!

Opti-pessi-misti
    Recently I was idly looking at a few players' stats on the Swans website comparing a few to see how they matched up with each other. I know that stats are just part of the picture! However I had a look at those of Ladhams and McLean to see how they matched up and my eyes opened wide. They both scored below average for 'hit outs to advantage' and McLean also for 'hitouts', while Ladhams got an average for that - phew! The real surprise was that Ladhams followed up with an above average for all other stats ie disposals, kicks, handballs, total clearances!

Who is this player? His weakest point lies in his ruck work! As with Mel here's hoping he can have a year free from injury and stuff ups. One or two 'elites' may be hiding there which would be good.

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by rojo View Post
    Recently I was idly looking at a few players' stats on the Swans website comparing a few to see how they matched up with each other. I know that stats are just part of the picture! However I had a look at those of Ladhams and McLean to see how they matched up and my eyes opened wide. They both scored below average for 'hit outs to advantage' and McLean also for 'hitouts', while Ladhams got an average for that - phew! The real surprise was that Ladhams followed up with an above average for all other stats ie disposals, kicks, handballs, total clearances!

Who is this player? His weakest point lies in his ruck work! As with Mel here's hoping he can have a year free from injury and stuff ups. One or two 'elites' may be hiding there which would be good.
    That doesn’t surprise me. Ladhams has had some games with good numbers, and actually has good skills for a ruckman. Watch his hands in general play for example. It’s his brain and injuries that have hurt him.
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say

also sometimes our game plan likes years gone past was to tap down to a scramble and our mids matched up on the outside

especially if our Ruck was not dominant and or the centre mids just had too much break speed

old game plan vs West Coast in the Roos days

doesnt reflect well for the Rucks stats but locks the contest in
    "be tough, only when it gets tough"

Veterans List
    also sometimes our game plan likes years gone past was to tap down to a scramble and our mids matched up on the outside

especially if our Ruck was not dominant and or the centre mids just had too much break speed

old game plan vs West Coast in the Roos days

doesnt reflect well for the Rucks stats but locks the contest in
    The Roos ploy was to force a secondary ball up so more players could come into the square to contest the stoppage.

Gallery: Training (Under one month to Opening Night)

strangely only just noticed this update of training

Loving see Greeny up front

The guy is a special and has a few years until serious option for ruck................ie only 18yrs old.....skinny and behind Grundy and Ladhams etc

But he could be an interesting Forward in the interim?

Either way honing his forward skills and ruck skills now is a scary future player for the Swans !!!

Given we are technically in the pre season

Is it time to have Kennedy and Bud taken down from the banner on this website as the players that represent the current Swans?

Time to have a vote on two new players?

A vote?

should be interesting lol

Shall I dare to kick start two names?

Mills and Gulden ?

Is it time to have Kennedy and Bud taken down from the banner on this website as the players that represent the current Swans?

A vote?

Mills and Gulden ?
    Worthy selection.

Senior Player

A vote?

Mills and Gulden ?
    I recall suggesting a rotating banner with a few different players. This was some time ago, maybe even in 2022.

My recollection is that Danzar replied along the lines of m, if someone wanted to do the work to update the banner, they were welcome to do so (for his review). That is, I got the vibe that it wasn’t high on his list of priorities at that time.

If anyone is good at graphics, maybe they can mock up some banners for his consideration?

As for who should be on the banner, I nominate Rowie in honour of TheBloods .

Seriously though, he reminds me of Brett Kirk who was one of my favourite players, and his efforts do resonate with the Bloods’ culture.

He is also very recognisable as there are only a handful of players with the longer hair and headband.

I also think any of Mills, Heeney, Papley, Warner, Gulden and Blakey would be great (who says we can only have two players?).

Veterans List

A vote?

Mills and Gulden ?
    Yes, Mills and Gulden. Exactly what I thought as soon as I read 'time to have a vote on two new players'.

Current captain and future captain. Spot on.