Thread: Roos putting a positive spin on things?

Veteran Site Admin

Roos putting a positive spin on things?

Putting aside the ongoing rage, it is interesting to read Roos' take on the Swans form.

"Despite losing their last two matches, to Melbourne and the Bombers, Roos was happy with the Swans' form.

"We are probably playing as good a footy as we have ever played in patches. So, in a sense, I think we are still moving forward, it is just that consistency that comes from being a younger team and an evolving time, that is the main problem at the moment."

I'm not sure about using the "younger team" tag. I think we have a young squad which means that there is almost no-one playing reserves football who is really ready to come through a have a major impact at senior level, with the possible exception of Nicks, but the team we fielded today can't really use youth or inexperience as an excuse. Schneider and Bevan, two of the three teenagers out there, were in our better players in any case.

Still, Roos' view is a different way of looking at things and maybe also addresses the comments of those who say we need a new game plan. The corollary of Roos' comments is that for much of the game they weren't really playing to the game plan that he wants them to play.

http://www.realfooty.theage.com.au/r...224647751.html

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    wonderful picture with that article.

I hope the players don't think what they served up for the second and third quarters is acceptable.
    Roos needs to start demanding that some of these guys match their potential.
    He should use Barry Hall as an example of someone really putting in for 4 quarters. Where are the others??
    "As everyone knows our style of football is defensive and unattractive, and as such I have completely forgotten how to mark or kick over the years" - Brett Kirk

Regular in the Side
    I don't agree with praising the team after they have played a crappy game. They need to be criticised, scrutinised and questioned as to their commitment - not praised. If they were a Melbourne team it wouldn't be accepted.
    ---------||--ANNE--||----------

Living in 2005
    Originally posted by anne
    I don't agree with praising the team after they have played a crappy game. They need to be criticised, scrutinised and questioned as to their commitment - not praised. If they were a Melbourne team it wouldn't be accepted.
    Agree.

My only criticism of Roos to date is that he is too positive sometimes, I want to see him get angry sometimes.

I realise this must happen behind closed doors, but it needs to be seen etc by the general public.

Just my two cents.