Thread: We are going up to Sydney June 6

On the Rookie List

We are going up to Sydney June 6

Well despite our poor form about 5 of us are flying up to watch the StKilda game at the SCG.

I phone Ticketek and they told me that they had a range of reserved seats in different spots for very different prices. ($58, $53, $33 and $23) The problem is I have never been to the SCG and don't really know where is best to view the game. Any suggestions.

As I am a member with the right to a free reserved seat to one Sydney game we have been told by someone who is not sure, that we may be able to get guest passes to the Members area. I don't think we will get reserved seats if we take that option. Will we need them?

I plan to call the club tomorrow about the guest passes but would like to know what the best options are. I dont' suppose that game will be a sell out given our recent form.

Go Swans Always
    Brewongle Stand is a good view - ticketeck usually have tickets for sale in rows h j k l round the 120-130 is a great view right on the centre bounce
    Love those Swans

Living in 2005

Re: We are going up to Sydney June 6

Originally posted by Gunn

As I am a member with the right to a free reserved seat to one Sydney game we have been told by someone who is not sure, that we may be able to get guest passes to the Members area. I don't think we will get reserved seats if we take that option. Will we need them?
    The members is only packed when a) the team is travelling very very very well, b) Plugger is about to break a record c) A final.

Seeing that those three aren't a factor at this minute, it isn't a problem.

The members reserve is good, and you have a few angles to choose from, eithier in the Ladies, or M.A Noble.

I'm biased, but I think the O'Reilly stand has the best views in the ground. High up on centre-wing, and still relatively close to the boundary line (the concourse on that side has very few rows). The Brewongle is the other centre-wing option, and is good too. Bradman and Churchill stands, if you want a view more on the half-forward (or back) flanks. The concourse seats are the cheapest reserved seats.

You probably have a good choice of seats with members reserve guest passes, but as mentioned before, they are not reserved seats.

177th Senior AFL Match - Round 4, 2009 - Sydney vs Carlton, SCG. This is obviously out of date. I suppose I'll update it once I could be bothered sitting down with the fixture and working it out....
    Des' Weblog

Regular in the Side
    You don't need reserved seats in the members area. Just get there at least 30 minutes before the game. The people in the members area are very civilized and you don't feel so bad if you lose. I am going up for that game as well - meeting my daughter who is coming down from Darwin.
    ---------||--ANNE--||----------

On the Rookie List
    Thanks to all who replied. You have lifted the fog. I'll see you at the SCG on the 6/6.

Gunn, endorse members reserve, esp Noble stand.

Good & elevated undercover end on view (SCG is nearly round remember)
    Short food and beer queues
    Noble stand is venue of aftermatch.
    and for those so inclined:
    Able to watch game from bar
    Civilised place for a quick coffin nail during breaks.

Get there at 10.30 you will have pick of the seats andf watch magoos go round. Just remember to have a collared shirt!
    Pay peanuts get monkeys

A Blood to the bootstraps The Boot's Avatar
    20 minutes walk to my seat on O'Reilly wing.
    Hang on, you're coming up to Sydney with all the related expenses, and you're debating the difference between a seat on the boundary (for example) or a paid seat in the O'Reilly (or other stand). For say, 30 bucks??????

You'll probably drink that much on the day. Ok, ok ... it's just on 9 beers. Please .. pay the money, and enjoy the game so you can see the whole ground. That's why you go to work .. to afford these days out.

Good men do good deeds. Evil men do evil deeds. But it takes religion for a good man to do evil deeds.

On the Rookie List
    Originally posted by The Boot
    Hang on, you're coming up to Sydney with all the related expenses, and you're debating the difference between a seat on the boundary (for example) or a paid seat in the O'Reilly (or other stand). For say, 30 bucks??????

You'll probably drink that much on the day. Ok, ok ... it's just on 9 beers. Please .. pay the money, and enjoy the game so you can see the whole ground. That's why you go to work .. to afford these days out.

The price is not being debated. What I didn't know is where the best views/experience is to be had. The Brewongle, O'Reilly etc stands are just names to me. I didn't know where they are in relation to the goals.

I am quite happy standing but I have to consider 4 others. I wanted to be in a position to put the options to them and the opinions of the people who have posted here.

Have you noticed that you didn't offer any advice as to 'where the best place to view the game" is? That was what I asked. Did you even bother to read my question before rushing to reply??