Thread: Reserves v Queanbeyan

On the Rookie List

Thumbs down Reserves v Queanbeyan

The Q Tigers smashed the Ressies by a big margin 120 to 39 with the Swans only scoring their third goal at the start of the fourth quarter!

The Tigers scored 17 goals to the Swans 5 and 35 scoring shots to the Swans 14!

The Ressies looked disinterested and Matthew Davis was easily their best showing lots of heart, he and Josh Willoughby and Andrew Ericksen are the only ones who can hold their heads up very high. Nick Potter and James Meiklejohn also did some good things from time to time.

They were beaten all over the park in all areas and some of their top up players performed better than the Ressies Swans themselves like Dylan Addison from St George.

Interestingly they were missing, Thewlis and Powell who weren't on the injured list before the game and Schmidt (who was on the injured list). The side actually ran out of numbers in the last quarter ,top up players Bartlett, Boers and Wells were all injured and the stretcher bearer was run off his feet even leaving Bartlett on the ground on his back inside the fence in front of the O'Reilly stand to go and attend to another. Where was the golf cart??

Curiously, Warfe who didn't play most of the third term and didn't appear to have or get an injury, didn't come out for the final quarter (when they totally ran out of numbers) making me think that he has an injury now as well, or couldn't be bothered running out to the thrashing!

There were lots of injuries but you were left scratching your head as to whether all of that time was added on, when the quarters ended at three quarter time and the final period.

Perhaps it would have upset the television starting time in the seniors?.

SCG Sunday June 6, 9:50 am
    Sydney Swans Reserves 1.1 2.5 2.6 5.9 (39)
    Queanbeyan Tigers 4.5 9.9 13.16 17.18 (120)

Sydney Swans Reserves
    Goals: Erickson; Hayes; Taylor; McGlone; Toussis 1
    Best: Willoughby; Davis; Dempster; Taylor

Queanbeyan Tigers
    Goals: Lieschke 5; Charlton 2; Ellis 2; Roberts 2; Geale; Wolski; Whatman; Thomas; LePavoux; Armstrong 1
    Best: Lieschke; Whatman; Gelae; Quade; Charlton; Roberts; Wescombe
    Last edited by Troy G; 7th June 2004 at 04:42 PM.

On the Rookie List

Question

Anyone know where Andrew Hayes comes from, he isn't listed in Rams, SydneyAFL or SFA teams. He played as top up for the Swans on Sunday.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    I think someone posted that he was Lenny's brother.
    Not good to hear that the ressies are also being hit by injuries.

Football Terrorist
    Qeanbeyan were all over the Ressies. I don't think I saw a Swan first to the ball in the 3 quarters that I saw. I think that was the most lacklustre I had ever seen them.
    The Destructive Dan Experience - Featuring Teal.
    Add me on Facebook - Danny Pinsuti (Except Suzi Olsen and her split personalities.)
    238 AFL Games.

Originally posted by ugg
    I think someone posted that he was Lenny's brother.
    Not good to hear that the ressies are also being hit by injuries.
    Lenny and Andrew Hayes are cousins.

How'd Jeremy Blyth from the Auckland Uni Blues (via Queanbeyan) go for the Swans?

On the Rookie List
    Andrew Hayes has come from Balmain, he has been there the past 3 seasons and is a very talented player. last year he played rugby union with his school, Kings i think?
    Luffy