Thread: Reserves bye

On the Rookie List

Angry Reserves bye

Why the hell? do we have a bye in the 2's the week we needed them to play this would of been a great time for the likes of LRT,Mcviegh and Ablett etc to get full games and for the others like fixter and James to press claims and gain confidence, The club must of known this and surely and could of requested a change does anyone else agree/diagree?

Living in 2005

Re: Reserves bye

Originally posted by Dpw
    Why the hell? do we have a bye in the 2's the week we needed them to play this would of been a great time for the likes of LRT,Mcviegh and Ablett etc to get full games and for the others like fixter and James to press claims and gain confidence, The club must of known this and surely and could of requested a change does anyone else agree/diagree?
    Yeah i agree, but probably not a good time for any swans players to be playing!! We have a slight injury curse at the moment!! Need a rest across the board I think.

Senior Player
    considering, i read somewhere, there were 20 blokes training during the week goes to show our shortage. we mightnt have been able to put a ressies side on the park...
    C'mon Chels!

I thought the same as you Dpw. But isn't there are rule across the board stating that AFL clubs must have a break? Or am I imagining things again.
    Here's my heart and you can break it
    I need some release, release, release
    We need
    Love and peace

On the Rookie List
    Damn...

I was hoping for a hit out in the ressies

I bet if you have any medium / high level ( A Grade amos / VFL resssies / Division 1 seniors EFL SFL etc) footy experience at all you could call Brett Allison and get a game in Canberra with the swans at the moment.

Just get them to chuck in a pair of shorts and socks for the experience.

Cheers
    Hitman

did the swans wander up the country like the magpies?
    Theres not much left to say