Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: State Footy

Living in 2005
    Originally posted by swansrule100
    yeh sure is... hes tasmanian isnt he??

is awesome for the devils week in week out!
    Yep he sure is.

My dad coached him at Glenorchy for a few years in both u/19 and seniors.

He was drafted by North but was cut.

Their midfield was too strong at that point, but I can't believe he never got a 2nd chance, he is an awesome talent.

yeh he is a wonderful player...

there are a lot of tassie players never given the chance or who never took the chance to play at the best level

Atkin could of been a good afl player
    Theres not much left to say

Im sick of having to compete with Rugby League obssessed morons at my school who believe that rugby league state of origin football is the greatest thing in the universe.... Sure, as rugby league lies so painfully on its death-bed it may be its only life support, but the AFL/VFL started state of origin in this country, and wouldnt a round-robin comp between all states be so much better than just two states??? I was never old enough to see and really appriciate what AFL state of origin offered, but it must be better than the cross-country wrestling origin that continues to be cherished by fools... Bring back real State of Origin Footy!!! Just imagine Victoria vs. SA back at the MCG??? Or even the Allies vs. WA at Stadium Australia??? It would be sensational... Stop disputing over what to do in the weekend of and just play State of Origin!
    Lets Go You Swans!

mid year origin is a bit of a problem ..some wont play and need a break and i mean what if for instance barry hall lined up for victoria and did his knee the swans would be angry :P

i guess there is state of origin every week in a national comp

it wouldnt hurt to just name the sides much like the all australian
    Theres not much left to say

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123