Thread: Jeff Wells retires and names Bobby Skilton the best ever

On the Rookie List

Jeff Wells retires and names Bobby Skilton the best ever

Some misguided people on this site believed that Wells hated the Swans . He has recently retired and he has named Bobby Skilton as his best ever player and Alex Jesaulenko , ex Eastlake/Carlton legend / Saints coach as his favourite player. I may be in a minority but I will miss his scriblings.
    Last edited by SWANSBEST; 5th July 2004 at 11:06 PM.
    WMP

Re: Jeff Wells retires and names Bobby Skilton the best ever

Originally posted by SWANSBEST
    Some misguided people on this site believed that Wells hated the Swans . He has recently retired and he has named Bobby Skillton as his best ever player and Alex Jesaulenko , ex Eastlake/Carlton legend / Saints coach as his favourite player. I may be in a minority but I will miss his scriblings.
    Sorry that is bull@@@@@, all RWO's knew that Wells loved the Sydney Football Club and was one of the most ardent and committed supporters of AFL in NSW.

What I and other people disagreed with was the cocky and self interested way he often denigrated other clubs in order to prove his point when questioning aspects of the Sydney Football Club.

He did nothing but reinforce views down here in Melbourne and the other AFL states that all Sydney supporters and writers know nothing about the game, which is not correct.

DST
    "Looking forward to a rebuilt, new, fast and exciting Swans model in 2010"

Veterans List

Re: Re: Jeff Wells retires and names Bobby Skilton the best ever

Originally posted by DST

He did nothing but reinforce views down here in Melbourne and the other AFL states that all Sydney supporters and writers know nothing about the game, which is not correct.

DST
    But it balances up because I find few people in Victoria know much about the Swans. Though they are good on SA teams, okay on WA teams and have now noticed that Qld has a team.