Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Tough times for the Swans down at SS

Regular in the Side
    Originally posted by anne
    No wonder the Geelong supporters are so passionate - they have nothing else in their lives. The place is a whole(sorry Cher) and most of the supporters we saw yesterday looked like inbred halfwits. Thank goodness I sat in the section with just Swans supporters.
    Sorry - I meant to say hole.
    ---------||--ANNE--||----------

On the Rookie List
    Sorry - I meant to say hole.
    They are not the sharpest tools in the shed either - as one Geelong spoon kept calling out " Get off the ground Kelly " to the Swans runner, Brad Seymour, even though I explained that " the King was back in Wagga running a farm and being the good family man, unlike you you Tip Rat Cat - and he would still be the best footballer out on the ground ! ".

Seriously, we only lost yesterday due to some very dodgy umpiring decisions and Goodesy's inability to move sideways when Chapman kicked the goal to put the Cats up by 8 points - but these games will even out when Goodesy gets the knee right and karma comes the Swans way with umpiring decisions!!

I will still be very happy with two out of three wins in the games against Geelong, Fremantle and Brisbane, although if and when Williams is back in the team Roosy HAS TO get back to the free flowing running game we executed so well last year. These ball-up marathons are no good and eventually will be our downfall, with a fair chance that O'Loughlin will do his hamstring again seizing up through boredom in the forward line waiting for the ball to come down !!

Yarraville, Victoria, Australia, Australia
    No wonder the Geelong supporters are so passionate - they have nothing else in their lives. The place is a whole(sorry Cher) and most of the supporters we saw yesterday looked like inbred halfwits. Thank goodness I sat in the section with just Swans supporters.
    I like Geelong supporters actually. They are heaps less aggro than Melbourne clubs supporters and are kinda slow laconic types. You can go and just talk to them and they'll drawl back at you from under their drizabones and akubbra hats.

I had to laugh at their members caps though. "Geelong 2004-all the way!"

All the way with what, a sheep?

JF

PS:- Poor Des. Not only has he maintained his reputation of being the king of all jinxes, but he had to endure the unbearable gloating of his girlfriend the Jay. She is even keeping the match ticket from yesterday to infuriate him. And gave us a mouthful something shocking not only before the match from the Geelong social club but waiting for the plane at the airport.
    "Never ever ever state that Sydney is gone.They are like cockroaches in the aftermath of a nuclear war"
    (Forum poster 'Change', Big Footy 04Apr09)

Very enjoyable thread.... Thank you one and all.

Aut vincere aut mori Thunder Shaker's Avatar
    My secret laboratory in the suburbs of Melbourne
    Originally posted by JF_Bay22_SCG
    I like Geelong supporters actually. They are heaps less aggro than Melbourne clubs supporters and are kinda slow laconic types. You can go and just talk to them and they'll drawl back at you from under their drizabones and akubbra hats.
    I don't mind Geelong supporters either.

It could be Carlton supporters ("weve won 16 flags"), Collingwood supporters (toothless ferals), Essendon supporters (@@@@@@@ we're good just ask us).
    "Unbelievable!" -- Nick Davis leaves his mark on the 2005 semi final

Originally posted by JF_Bay22_SCG

PS:- Poor Des. Not only has he maintained his reputation of being the king of all jinxes, but he had to endure the unbearable gloating of his girlfriend the Jay. She is even keeping the match ticket from yesterday to infuriate him. And gave us a mouthful something shocking not only before the match from the Geelong social club but waiting for the plane at the airport.
    Oh Jules, you do exaggerate so.

She doesn't gloat at me, much the same as I don't give her heaps when we win - it all evens out in the end. All part of the general understanding necessary to maintain a peaceful household.

I don't however give any such guarantees about her not giving heaps to other people...

177th Senior AFL Match - Round 4, 2009 - Sydney vs Carlton, SCG. This is obviously out of date. I suppose I'll update it once I could be bothered sitting down with the fixture and working it out....
    Des' Weblog

No discussion of the football was allowed at our house - SWMBO is a Cats supporter but doesn't really have a lot of interest in football anymore. For that reason I said she wasn't allowed to suddenly re-develop her interest or mention the game!
    Captain Logic is not steering this tugboat.

"[T]here are things that matter more and he's reading and thinking about them: heaven, reincarnation. Life and death are the only things that are truly a matter of life and death. Not football."

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234