Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Sydney v Brisbane

The other thing we can hope for apart from Aker is that Leppitsch and Charman who were both injured tonight can't make it on the field next weekend.

I'm on the Chandwagon!!!

If you cannot compete for the premiership, it's better to be young and exciting than middle-aged and dowdy.

Originally posted by Mike_B
    The other thing we can hope for apart from Aker is that Leppitsch and Charman who were both injured tonight can't make it on the field next weekend.
    I think, the rest of season now is purely academic. Cannt see us to win it from here, particularly after being outplayed, outtalented by Geelong and Fremantle. We should use the remaining of the season to sort out the list. Give Dempster, McGlone and Thewlis a game to see where they stand. Give Goodes a rest and play James in his place to see if it fits him. Schauble is now back and thus James will not be required in the last line of defence. Play Doyle at first ruck instead of backup. His knees scare the hell out of me. Hard decisions must be taken at the end of the season. It is better to go through this process knowing every single things we need about our players, everyone of them.

Agree there we need to start looking to next year and some of the players that we may trrade/delist etc because on current form, I can't even see us making the finals, not with the run home that we have. BUT, if we do make the finals, we might actually have a decent run of form going, because we will have to win probably 4 of our last 5 to make it.

I'm on the Chandwagon!!!

If you cannot compete for the premiership, it's better to be young and exciting than middle-aged and dowdy.

Originally posted by anniswan
    On Arter the Game they are saying that Aker may be in a bit of strife from an elbow he dished out to a crows player.

We can live in hope, surely
    It would be sweet justice for all the bull**** he throws at crouch each time we play them. I thought we were beating a dead horse with all the umpire bagging we do on here. Aker is as big a whinger as we are.
    If u don't believe me, I will knock your bloody teeth out and not pay you a cent.

Unhappy

And i said before lets hope the curse of the brisbane bears gets to them.

By golly after watching highlights of this game we are going to need it. Don't forget we had a fully fit Nick Davis firing in the first game plus a virtual injury free line up. And they were still drunk from last years win, but now they are an awesome side.

Brutal, fearless and the best skills i have ever seen from a footy team. That goal from the kick-in was straight out of a training drill.

ouch.

Originally posted by Diego
    That goal from the kick-in was straight out of a training drill.
    Which one? There were 2 in the space of about 5 mins. And all I could think was - why can't the Swans get the ball to the wing so easily, let alone a goal from kickins

I'm on the Chandwagon!!!

Originally posted by Mike_B
    Which one? There were 2 in the space of about 5 mins. And all I could think was - why can't the Swans get the ball to the wing so easily, let alone a goal from kickins
    The goal where they kicked it straight up the guts thumbed it for a sec then regained (mind you not one crow player around) only to hand pass it to player under pressure for him to handball over his head and goal.

Was slick to watch.

If we tried it against freo it would have been a turnover and a goal.

The other was there was a long kick to a man in space about 55 out, then a series of handballs as they ran it along the edge of the centre square before a short pass into forward 50 for mark and goal.

I'm on the Chandwagon!!!

Aut vincere aut mori Thunder Shaker's Avatar
    My secret laboratory in the suburbs of Melbourne

Re: Re: Re: Re: Sydney v Brisbane

Originally posted by lizz
    Fair enough - my mistake. Thought it was the only game on this evening and thus assumed it would be the late night C10 game.
    I think the AFL are messing with our minds on purpose. Saturday afternoon game starting at 4.10 PM EST, two games on Saturday night....

However, my request about not posting the results of other games on the main Swans board - at least until they are well and truly done and dusted - stands. I'm still a bit pissed about having the result of the Bombers Saints game posted at 11pm last night.
    Mea culpa on that one.

The problem here is that people have no good idea when telecasts finish in other states - and what games are telecast. It's sometimes hard to predict the telecast games in one's own state at times - what hope does one have guessing the games and times for other states?

What's the longest interval between game time and broadcast time that we need to deal with here?
    "Unbelievable!" -- Nick Davis leaves his mark on the 2005 semi final

Veteran Site Admin
    The general rule is that Sydneysiders get the Friday night and Saturday night coverage on FTA starting sometime between 11 and midnight. There are rare exceptions - like when there is some tennis or golf tournament on overseas. Then we get it at about 5am in the morning!

A "safe" rule would be not to post anything about another game until the next morning - or at least not on the main Swans board. I deliberately stay away from most AFL boards - AFL.com, BF etc, even our own general AFL board - when I'm killing time waiting for the coverage to start, but generally think I should be "safe" on the Swans board. The other option is to at least include the word "spoiler" in the thread title, which obviously only works if you're starting the thread.

It may be about to become redundant for me personally because I expect to have Fox installed within the next week. But it is still a sensible rule of thumb to follow for those who don't have the choice.

The other option is to at least include the word "spoiler" in the thread title, which obviously only works if you're starting the thread.
    This is probably the best option (and was used by someone - I forget whom - on the AFL board the other day), but of course won't allow for a post within a thread being an obvious spoiler.

With not just the FTA coverage times to worry about, but Fox times as well, it is too difficult to ask people not to post about games at all IMHO.

Take the example of a Friday night game - starts in the footy states on FTA at 8:30, starts in Syd/Bris on Fox at 9:30 and on FTA in those cities at 11:30-ish.

I'm on the Chandwagon!!!

the swans need to put their losses behind them...forget their form and forget the lions and give it their best.

Young players deserve a go but no point giving up i hope the team is still striving for the flag
    Theres not much left to say

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast