Thread: Umpires concentrating on HTB this week

Umpires concentrating on HTB this week

Just watching the 5th quarter and it is so obvious that the umpires have been directed to pay as many Holding the Ball decisions as they can this week.

This type of umpiring is soooo frustrating.

On the Rookie List
    No problems with this change of interpretation whatsoever.

I am sick and tired of players making no attempt to correctly dispose of the ball.

Next step is for players who are tackled to be penalised EVERY SINGLE TIME THEY FAIL TO HANDBALL OR KICK WHEN TACKLED.

I would like to know who came up with this prior opportunity nonsense!
    Sydney-Bringing joy to the SCG since 1982

Re: Umpires concentrating on HTB this week

Originally posted by anniswan
    Just watching the 5th quarter and it is so obvious that the umpires have been directed to pay as many Holding the Ball decisions as they can this week.

This type of umpiring is soooo frustrating.
    You're right anni it is frustrating. Just wondering, does anyone here know if the afl umpires go into the players changerooms before the game to have a chat and explain how they will umpire the day? It used to happen in the leagues I played in.
    If u don't believe me, I will knock your bloody teeth out and not pay you a cent.

Originally posted by Tubbs

Next step is for players who are tackled to be penalised EVERY SINGLE TIME THEY FAIL TO HANDBALL OR KICK WHEN TACKLED.

I would like to know who came up with this prior opportunity nonsense!
    Nope. It would end up like that **** stop/go sport they play in NSW and QLD. Rugby league I think they call it, maybe you would like to watch a game one day? Free flowing football is the reason for the "prior opportunity" rule. The rule actually takes out more of the "grey area" if you sit down and think about it.

It's the interpretation of the rule which is frustrating and the way the interpretation changes from week to week.
    If u don't believe me, I will knock your bloody teeth out and not pay you a cent.

A Blood to the bootstraps The Boot's Avatar
    20 minutes walk to my seat on O'Reilly wing.
    Originally posted by Tooth Fairy
    It's the interpretation of the rule which is frustrating and the way the interpretation changes from week to week.
    Couldn't have said it better ..
    Good men do good deeds. Evil men do evil deeds. But it takes religion for a good man to do evil deeds.