Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Key Defender

Originally posted by daniel f
    A few come to mind,Young Laycock and Hille from essendon and also Loats from Geelong,ok besides Laycock none of these players stand out but would all be better than Doyle.
    No they aren't. For starters David Hille is in such high regard at Essendon that they brought back Paul Salmon out of retirement, redrafted Steven Alessio who week earlier they had delisted and last season traded for the offen injuried Matthew Allan. Tell how can Hille be better than Doyle when Essendon think the above players are better options than Hille??

With Loats he is only seen as a back up at Geelong and was traded away by Hawthorn of all team. Plus he has never set the world on fire with his play. If Geelong had better back options for Steven King he wouldn't even get a game. Better than Doyle don't make me laugh.
    Once was, now elsewhere

I had hope with Doyle, but it seems when ever we are in front or have just kicked a goal and Doyle comes on we loose that momentum. He adds nothing really.

And when he dropped that easy mark..what else can be said?

Needs more game time? Needs more development? How much more time does he need...

I am fearing the end of the year when Bally announces he wont go on in 2005.

Originally posted by Diego
    I am fearing the end of the year when Bally announces he wont go on in 2005.
    We were all fearing 2003 when Dunkley and Kelly retired and we did better than expected

With Ball you never know, Doyle might just finally stand up and become the ruckman we all thought he would become. Yes his current form isn't good and I'm worried too with the thought of Ball retiring at seasons end, but lets not throw the Baby out with the Bath water just yet. Give Doyle next season to prove himself, then think about his future just not yet.
    Once was, now elsewhere

Originally posted by robbieando
    We were all fearing 2003 when Dunkley and Kelly retired and we did better than expected

With Ball you never know, Doyle might just finally stand up and become the ruckman we all thought he would become. Yes his current form isn't good and I'm worried too with the thought of Ball retiring at seasons end, but lets not throw the Baby out with the Bath water just yet. Give Doyle next season to prove himself, then think about his future just not yet.
    I like to think so too and give him a chance but it seems everytime he comes on he provides more for the opposing team than he does for us.

Lets hope the senior responsibility gives him a reality check and a boot up the backside. But it doesn't seem he is lazy he tries but doesn't seem good enough.

Originally posted by NMWBloods
    Doyle really was pretty hopeless yesterday. He dropped a couple of marks he should have taken. Longmuir and Sandilands completely beat him around the ground. His ruckwork adds no value. We must have one of the worst ruck combinations in the competition.
    doyle makes me want tunbridge and rose back.

balls body is against him and Micklejohn (Sp) wouldnt get a game at my old school

so i agree with you!
    Theres not much left to say

if doyle does stay and ball goes...need a backup to take over if doyle cant establish himself
    Theres not much left to say

Senior Player
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't it Doyle in the ruck in the last quarter against the Dockers when we started to get the centre clearances and kicked a number in a row?

And wasn't it Ball who came back and the tide turned to the Docker's?
    We have them where we want them, everything is going according to plan!

Originally posted by Scottee
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't it Doyle in the ruck in the last quarter against the Dockers when we started to get the centre clearances and kicked a number in a row?

Correct Scottee, unfortunately and in much the same way Saddington is viewed Doyle is also. Being so tall sticks out in people's minds whether it be good or bad.

Fact is (and everybody knows it on this board) that Doyle will not be traded or de-listed unless his body can not stand up to playing anymore.

We have no back-up to him at present and their are currently no 2nd or 3rd stringers around in the comp who would make an adequate replacement. Besides a few top liners the comp is light on for expeirenced ruckman at present.

So we all need to shut about Doyle, give him time to string 15 to 25 games together and hope to god that he can play the consistent football that we all know he is capable of.

DST
    "Looking forward to a rebuilt, new, fast and exciting Swans model in 2010"

Originally posted by Scottee

I really will need to watch that again as I didn't think Doyle rucked any better than Ball. Doyle had only 2 centre bounce hit outs and no clearances, whereas Ball had 6 hitouts and 2 CB clearances, so I'm not sure exactly how Doyle contributed to us winning the centre clearances.
    Last edited by NMWBloods; 27th July 2004 at 04:35 PM.
    Captain Logic is not steering this tugboat.

"[T]here are things that matter more and he's reading and thinking about them: heaven, reincarnation. Life and death are the only things that are truly a matter of life and death. Not football."

No they aren't. For starters David Hille is in such high regard at Essendon that they brought back Paul Salmon out of retirement, redrafted Steven Alessio who week earlier they had delisted and last season traded for the offen injuried Matthew Allan. Tell how can Hille be better than Doyle when Essendon think the above players are better options than Hille??

With Loats he is only seen as a back up at Geelong and was traded away by Hawthorn of all team. Plus he has never set the world on fire with his play. If Geelong had better back options for Steven King he wouldn't even get a game. Better than Doyle don't make me laugh.
    What a load of crap,i saw a kid ruck in under 10s last week whos a better prospect than Doyle,dont know what your attachment is to him but he is not afl standard.Loats absolutely starred for Box hill before he was let go to geelong.Also what about Laycock couldnt think of anyway to bag me over him?I believe my 4 yr old nephew has more footy nous than your good self,nearly every post ive ever written youve bagged in some way,so to please you mate i will no linger post.
    daniel f

What a load of crap,i saw a kid ruck in under 10s last week whos a better prospect than Doyle
    Now that is a load of crap.

dont know what your attachment is to him but he is not afl standard.
    No attachment, I just think some people are giving him a hard time because they expect too much from him. He is no world beater but he has shown that he has the talent to be a good ruckman.

Loats absolutely starred for Box hill before he was let go to geelong.
    Starred in the VFL, not the AFL - big difference. If he did star for Box Hill why then did Hawthorn let him go??? They sure could do with a handy back up ruckman to allow Everitt to rest.

Also what about Laycock couldnt think of anyway to bag me over him?
    No, he looks like a good player but I just doubt Essendon would let him go unless he has little talent. What's the first rule of trading??? Don't trade with Essendon.

I believe my 4 yr old nephew has more footy nous than your good self
    and my left pinky has twice the amount of football nous than your good self. Your nephew must therefore be very smart.

nearly every post ive ever written youve bagged in some way
    No I haven't, I have just replied to posts of your that I don't agree with and each time I say why I disagree with your point of view. Your entitled to your opinion, as I'am mine - however its not me sooking when someone posts something you don't agree with

so to please you mate i will no linger post.
    Please yourself, I really don't care.
    Once was, now elsewhere

Veterans List
    What a load of crap,i saw a kid ruck in under 10s last week whos a better prospect than Doyle,dont know what your attachment is to him but he is not afl standard.Loats absolutely starred for Box hill before he was let go to geelong.Also what about Laycock couldnt think of anyway to bag me over him?I believe my 4 yr old nephew has more footy nous than your good self,nearly every post ive ever written youve bagged in some way,so to please you mate i will no linger post.
    Phew Daniel I think you are stretching the argument a bit here old son. Please name your 4y.o nephew and the Under 10's player so we can track their progress when drafted.

We all have our opinions mate, I too get bagged but it's all water off a duck's back to me. I think it's great that we have a forum like this where we can have differing ideas and take the micky out of each other every now and then. Strewth I have have copped heaps for my thoughts on Jude of late. Someone told me to shut up, shiver...shake.

Keep on posting.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast