Thread: 23 - His number or his age?

On the Rookie List

23 - His number or his age?

Just a small GOODONYA to Nicks for his continuing form this year. He has turned back the clock and has become a reliable player once again. Can't tell you how good it is to see him playing with confidance once again and proving that faith does pay off.

On the Rookie List
    Totall agree there Chubb. I had, as Im sure a number of other swannies fans had, given up on the 'bald wonder'. It is great to see Nicksy attacking the ball so hard once again and continually standing up week after week now. Hope he carries this determination on through a great pre-season and a successful 2005.

yep, happy to be wrong about Nicks.

Then there's Warfe, so I guess I'm 50/50 :lol
    The difference between insanity and genius is measured only in success.

I totally agree. On native talent, Stevie would actually be in our top dozen, I reckon. It's wonderful to see him putting in the effort to match.

If I could just throw one thing open for the group: defence or attack?

Nicks' strengths are creating space, being a good mark and an accurate kick. His weaknesses are not being the fastest or most flexible guy on the paddock.

I grant you that his accountability and one-percenters in the last 3 matches in defence have exceeded my expectations, but the fella has revitalised his career in attack, and having both him and Rhino on the half-forward line means that we've got plenty of marking power 2 kicks out from goal. So I say throw him back up front.

Originally posted by SimonH
    I totally agree. On native talent, Stevie would actually be in our top dozen, I reckon. It's wonderful to see him putting in the effort to match.

If I could just throw one thing open for the group: defence or attack?

Nicks' strengths are creating space, being a good mark and an accurate kick. His weaknesses are not being the fastest or most flexible guy on the paddock.

I grant you that his accountability and one-percenters in the last 3 matches in defence have exceeded my expectations, but the fella has revitalised his career in attack, and having both him and Rhino on the half-forward line means that we've got plenty of marking power 2 kicks out from goal. So I say throw him back up front.
    keep as is... a utility to switch to either end ... depends who the opposition is and our team structure

its good to have the flexibility
    Theres not much left to say

The Fourth Captain Schneiderman's Avatar
    Was very adept at filling the hole in defence on the weekend.

I think Roos is far more strategic than some coaches pay him respect for, and its good to see this level of creativity.