Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: floodgates at brisbane

Senior Player
    Originally posted by Charlie
    If Michael is out of contract, it would be sheer incompetence by the footy department if he wasn't targetted big time.
    i once again note that i am presuming that he had a 3 year contract, i cant imagine itd be anything else though...

on one passage of play on the weekend, michael had the ball and lloyd went to tackle him and michael through him off like he was a rag doll, the man's strength is amazing, he is also only listed at being 190cm, he plays a lot taller than that!

On the Rookie List
    Originally posted by penga
    i once again note that i am presuming that he had a 3 year contract, i cant imagine itd be anything else though...

on one passage of play on the weekend, michael had the ball and lloyd went to tackle him and michael through him off like he was a rag doll, the man's strength is amazing, he is also only listed at being 190cm, he plays a lot taller than that!
    I'd be really surprised if they didn't want him any longer (even more surprised than when Collingwood let him go).

Senior Player
    Originally posted by Jimmy C
    I'd be really surprised if they didn't want him any longer (even more surprised than when Collingwood let him go).
    hmmm, dont shoot my excitement too early

however as far as salary cap goes, could they fit him under? thats where he might slip through... i really dont think brisbane could resign anyone through this year, but i could be wrong...

Senior Player
    Originally posted by Charlie
    If Michael is out of contract, it would be sheer incompetence by the footy department if he wasn't targetted big time.
    sorry to bring this topic up again but ive been dwelling on this idea for a while now...

if we were able to get michael and aker (i realise this is a relatively large pipe dream) but i firmly believe that we would be serious premiership contenders... there is still plenty of room around these two to still develop the rookies...

i also strongly believe that we could have a good shot at getting them

imagine if we had a side looking like this:

b: fixter michael c. bolton
    hb: barry LRT saddington
    c: kennelly j. bolton crouch
    hf: aker doyle magic
    ff: davis hall nicks
    fol: goodes williams maxfield
    int: o'keefe stevens schneider fosdike
    emerg: meiklejohn powell kirk

the reason i put LRT at chb is coz i wouldnt mind a trade of schauble for michael, i dont know who for aker but... ablett and mathews would suffice

if james gets up this year and finally gets over his injury id still like michael, but at chb and james at FB

these are my thoughts anyways

Senior Player
    u got admit that that forward line is lethal

I'm going yum, yum at that line up too. I reckon Powell has got the it factor.

Don't forget that Dempster and McVeigh should both be "players" at some stage soon.

Mal Michael is the premier FB in the competition IMHO.

he's got everything - huge (190????), poise on the ball, controlled animal, positioning, strength, decision making (punch or mark).

Iwant him, Mummy!
    "I'll acknowledge there are more talented teams in the competition but I won't acknowledge that there is a better team in the competition" Paul Roos March 2005

Senior Player
    Originally posted by sharp9
    Don't forget that Dempster and McVeigh should both be "players" at some stage soon.

Mal Michael is the premier FB in the competition IMHO.
    the list i posted is one for next year, i think dempster and mcveigh and whatsmore thewlis would be 2005 players

if we could base our defense around the likes of michael, it would be a very steady back line... he would take dunks role and do more coz he can kick, not only that on both sides of his body!

Warming the Bench
    It would be nice if this dream would become reality.

I read the new guy at Brissy saying that it was criminal and bad planning that 1/3 of the players were up for renewal. Now I reckon most players are on a 2 or 3 year contract, so what does he expect? It seemed a non-sensical comment to me.

Senior Player
    Originally posted by Bron
    I read the new guy at Brissy saying that it was criminal and bad planning that 1/3 of the players were up for renewal. Now I reckon most players are on a 2 or 3 year contract, so what does he expect? It seemed a non-sensical comment to me.
    well bugger me, if 1/3 of their list is out of contract theyre definitely gonna have to let go a few... they must be super tight with the salary cap, i even think that alastair lynch is out of contract at the end of the season (not that we would want him)... u would expect for him to take a substantial pay cut though

do u know where u read this bron?

if they achieve a 3peat (which i think looks very much on the cards), i think they would look to start to put some groundwork down to start to rebuild, maybe anyway...

It was in either the Australian or the SMH, my guess the Australian almost 2 weeks ago.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12