Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 3 most dissapointing losses in recent times.

Blog Entries
    It was not a loss but that tie against StK at docklands a few years ago. That was the most depressing game I have ever sat through. And this years effort against Port was hardly inspiring. I did not think they had much chance of winning but at least they could have pretended that they did.

On the Rookie List
    Originally posted by ROK Lobster
    It was not a loss but that tie against StK at docklands a few years ago. That was the most depressing game I have ever sat through. And this years effort against Port was hardly inspiring. I did not think they had much chance of winning but at least they could have pretended that they did.
    It would be interesting if we all lived to 130 years old and we could hear from Swans supporters who have supported the club since 1933 to find out there thoughts about the most heartbreaking losses since the last flag.......

Maybe Bob Pratt getting hit by a supposed tram and pulling out of the 34/35/36 GF ( can't remember which ) would start off proceedings and bring back bad memories !

I think this club has had a curse put on them and the person that put the curse on the club has subsequently died and therefore the curse will continue for years and years and years......

A movie of tragic drama over 15 hours and 7 nights could be made about this club and still the full story wouldn't be told.

Oh what we put ourselves through for 3 hours every weekend !

Bring on summer, when we don't lose ( or win ) and the Aussies cricketers breeze through the summer without raising a sweat......

I was assuming that "in recent times" was just the last 3-4 years. Obviously, the 96 Grand Final was, without any doubt whatsover, the most dissappointing loss I have endured in my 18 years as a Sydney Swans supporter. Getting thrashed in both finals in 87 was also pretty grim, as was getting beaten and knocked out of the finals by Adelaide in 98.

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Just about the most dissapointing loss for me would probably have been at Princes Park against Carlton in the final round of 93. I had gone to every home match (I got to see Dicky Osbourne kick a bag for the 1 win!) and gone on the road for a few that year, I thought I may as well head down to watch the last game of the season. We lost by 1 point. I was absolutley gutted after the game, and more than just a little bit drunk!

On the Rookie List
    Originally posted by stellation
    Just about the most dissapointing loss for me would probably have been at Princes Park against Carlton in the final round of 93. I had gone to every home match (I got to see Dicky Osbourne kick a bag for the 1 win!) and gone on the road for a few that year, I thought I may as well head down to watch the last game of the season. We lost by 1 point. I was absolutley gutted after the game, and more than just a little bit drunk!
    Just another game that slipped in the long history of losses by a club that has been cursed since 1934 onwards.

I was there and was shattered, but also had to have a chuckle due to the way the Swans had been performing the last three years.

I was shattered that we lost, but also saw good signs on what Ronald Dale was doing for the club after the debacle that was Gary F@#*#@ara.

I was more shattered that season when I read that F@#$*&ara had made the boys do numerous laps around the SCG on there hands and kness like dogs in the pouring rain and the clubs administrators accepted this crap, whereby Robbie Neal ended up with an infected knee and thus didn't play for the reason of the season because of the infection.

I didn't know that the Sydney Swans Football Club was the Lort Smith Pets Home and that a bloke like F@#*&#ara could do such a thing.

If I ever see that p#@* in the street, look the f&*# out, as he'll cop a spray and then some !!

Originally posted by cruiser
    I was assuming that "in recent times" was just the last 3-4 years. Obviously, the 96 Grand Final was, without any doubt whatsover, the most dissappointing loss I have endured in my 18 years as a Sydney Swans supporter. Getting thrashed in both finals in 87 was also pretty grim, as was getting beaten and knocked out of the finals by Adelaide in 98.
    guess i keep forgetting its a while ago now...

ok recent times my most disapointing loss was the 1999 final against essendon
    Theres not much left to say

Yarraville, Victoria, Australia, Australia
    Originally posted by cressakel
    I was shattered that we lost, but also saw good signs on what Ronald Dale was doing for the club after the debacle that was Gary F@#*#@ara.

I didn't know that the Sydney Swans Football Club was the Lort Smith Pets Home and that a bloke like F@#*&#ara could do such a thing.

If I ever see that p#@* in the street, look the f&*# out, as he'll cop a spray and then some !!
    I think Jim Main spills the beans on what sort of coach Buckenara was in his book. He recalled being invited into the change rooms at half time during a Swans trial, where they were getting hammered, and he said that Bucky just said "You have to do it all yourselves now!" then walked off.

I know as a fact that the players did not like or respect him. Damien Angove even had a fist fight with him one night at training. And was shunted off to Port Adelaide before the issue hit the media.

As proof of what a bad coach he was, Subiaco won a flag in the WAFL before he arrived. The year he was there, they won the Wooden Spoon straight away. (Correct me if I'm wrong Western Swan)

JF
    "Never ever ever state that Sydney is gone.They are like cockroaches in the aftermath of a nuclear war"
    (Forum poster 'Change', Big Footy 04Apr09)

Aut vincere aut mori Thunder Shaker's Avatar
    My secret laboratory in the suburbs of Melbourne
    I'm sure Kangaroos supporters will be regarding last Saturday's game as revenge for the time we beat them in 1999 by 2 points after being down by 6 goals at halftime.

round 4 1999
    Sydney 1.3 3.7 7.9 10.12 (72)
    Kangas 6.3 9.7 9.8 10.10 (70)
    "Unbelievable!" -- Nick Davis leaves his mark on the 2005 semi final

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12