Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: September Here We Come!!!

On the Rookie List

September Here We Come!!!

After that win....can we use it as fuel for a massive charge on September footy?? The boys stuck it out together, BELLOWED out Cheer Cheer....is it our year now??

Fantastic win, I don't care how boring that last quarter was, we got the 4 points against one of the so called form teams of the competition.

Roll on next week, and roll on a tilt at the flag.

Living in 2005
    Was great to win but..

Last quarter was appalling..they have to learn how to play out matches in a positive fashion to be a serious threat in a few weeks time?

On the Rookie List
    Originally posted by Damien
    Was great to win but..

Last quarter was appalling..they have to learn how to play out matches in a positive fashion to be a serious threat in a few weeks time?
    Why wont we be?? That was just like finals footy wasnt it? Holdin on to a lead, away from home, tough, fast footy??

Living in 2005
    Originally posted by motorace_182
    Why wont we be?? That was just like finals footy wasnt it? Holdin on to a lead, away from home, tough, fast footy??
    Two words.

Port Adelaide.

The game changes in finals. Negative teams lose. Simple as that.

Living in 2005
    The circumstances are weird this week also - but we didn't trust that we were a better team than Melbourne, all we did was be negative and hold onto the lead. That is the worry for me going forward.

if we were good enough, we wouldn't need to be so negative in last quarters, we would try and go on with it.

Hopefully a 4 quarter effort next week.

Originally posted by motorace_182
    Because we will have to win 4 sudden death finals in a row, and odds are that that style of holding on to a 20 point lead for a quarter will come unstuck at least 1 in 4 times.

Playing negative defensive football is a sure way to lose finals.

Anyway, we are in a good position to finish 6th now, if we're good enough.

By my reckoning that should give us a home game against one of the WA sides.
    Captain Logic is not steering this tugboat.

"[T]here are things that matter more and he's reading and thinking about them: heaven, reincarnation. Life and death are the only things that are truly a matter of life and death. Not football."

Brilliant win, absolutely sensational

On the Rookie List
    saw the game and absolutely loved it

however it seems to me that this year in the final quarters of the game when we're in the lead our tactic is to play a defensive game,lots of stoppages and prevent the ballfrom travelling any distance??eg. tonight

Living in 2005
    Originally posted by j0lly
    saw the game and absolutely loved it

however it seems to me that this year in the final quarters of the game when we're in the lead our tactic is to play a defensive game,lots of stoppages and prevent the ballfrom travelling any distance??eg. tonight
    That is the biggest worry in my book.

I think they need to trust themselves. There is a reason why they get in front, they need to back themselves a bit more in the final quarter.

I think they were lucky in confusing the crap out of the Demons in the last quarter - therefore making the Demons play the same type of game, which meant the lead wasn't going to change.

One scoring shot in the final quarter of a game played under a roof. Awful stuff.

Originally posted by j0lly
    Yep - we've done it against Hawthorn, Bulldogs, Adelaide, Brisbane, and tonight.

I can understand it to a certain degree tonight, but I don't like that it seems to have become a regular part of our game.
    Captain Logic is not steering this tugboat.

"[T]here are things that matter more and he's reading and thinking about them: heaven, reincarnation. Life and death are the only things that are truly a matter of life and death. Not football."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast