Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Barry Hall and his motor

Any other player and he'd be in hot contention for the Brownlow.

Although I am as sceptical about the umpires as anyone, Baz could be worth a lazy $20.
    "As everyone knows our style of football is defensive and unattractive, and as such I have completely forgotten how to mark or kick over the years" - Brett Kirk

Re: Re: Re: Barry Hall and his motor

Originally posted by Diego

I have never seen him limp off with any injury let alone miss a match. I hope for our sake his injury number is not coming up.

Ditto. The only time i can think of him coming close was late last year, maybe against Port, where he took a mark and got up walking like he had a rock in his boot. Lasted all of 2 minutes.
    Sit down or i swear to God i'll have you shot.

Yes - it was in the final against Port in the first quarter. I thought - oh no - we are in serious trouble. Just a minute later the ball came back, he jumped up and marked it, kicked a goal and away he went!!
    Captain Logic is not steering this tugboat.

"[T]here are things that matter more and he's reading and thinking about them: heaven, reincarnation. Life and death are the only things that are truly a matter of life and death. Not football."

Banned indefinitely by Moderators for posting totally inappropriate material
    Originally posted by liz
    The one area in which he is still "weak" compared to some other marking forwards is his upwards elevation. You rarely see him get far off the ground, and it's an area where Riewoldt and possibly Tredrea have the edge.

But it seems unfair to criticise him on any aspect really, because he is as close to a complete footballer as you could want. His work rate and athleticism is awesome for such a large man and it's one area where he runs rings around the almighty Lockett.
    I know there were times when Plugger went missing, even in the couple of year prior to his "Come back " year, But Plugger at one time had an excelent work rate.
    Many many times I witnessed him work hard to win a ball on the ground into his possesion only to find himeslf surrounded by defenders. In this situation Big Plugger would always be looking to off load by hand to someone in a better position and I have to say he almost invariably never got caught out in this situation. He was an excelent team player when it came to roving and he had a great sense of where his team mates where in the forwrd 50. Admittedly mostly they were out of his way.

I think Liz's point is how many times did we see Plugger leading or really chasing up a player outside of the 50. Sure it happened, but nowhere near as much as it does with Bazza.

His lack of injuries is something I have been taking for granted. Hadn't really thought about it. To me he's just dependable and will run out every week, no question about it. It would be awesome if this was to continue. He really is becoming the catalyst of the team.
    Last edited by BAM_BAM; 23rd August 2004 at 09:17 PM.
    Here's my heart and you can break it
    I need some release, release, release
    We need
    Love and peace

On the Rookie List
    A double reply

1 LOVE STRUCK) There was a photo of BBBH and his new gal (N Kidman) where she is reaching down to shake his hand, he apparently says my name is Barry and she says something like yes "I know" and that "you did very well".

2 INJURY) in one photo with his new gal he has ice on his ankle.

Jeez I hope BB does not get all love struck... look at Tiger Woods and little Leyton since the Love word got the better of them.

Mind on the job BBBH!!!
    Ducks one week, Swans the next... just don't be a Goose till October!

What a year 2005 SSFC/CFC
    Word is she went back to Barry's after the match to help with his recovery!

I bet Lenny Kravitz has never taken 13 marks.....he might have got six straight though I suppose?
    Sports do not build character. They reveal it....Heywood Broun

I always turn to the sports pages first, which record people's accomplishments. The front page has nothing but man's failures......Earl Warren

Originally posted by Rob-bloods

I bet Lenny Kravitz has never taken 13 marks.....he might have got six straight though I suppose?
    Lmfao!
    Sit down or i swear to God i'll have you shot.

Originally posted by mja
    Mind on the job BBBH!!!
    I reckon we need to replace one of those B's with "bashful".
    shake it like a polaroid picture

On the Rookie List
    Reckon he was hoping for a BBBH Job.

On the Rookie List
    Originally posted by TheHood
    Reckon he was hoping for a BBBH Job.
    You mean B.B.N.K.B.J ?

Top gun BBBH!
    Ducks one week, Swans the next... just don't be a Goose till October!

Banned indefinitely by Moderators for posting totally inappropriate material
    Originally posted by BAM_BAM
    I think Liz's point is how many times did we see Plugger leading or really chasing up a player outside of the 50. Sure it happened, but nowhere near as much as it does with Bazza.

On this piont I agree, Plugger was a great inside forwrd 50 player, but he certainly did not tend to stray from his comfort Zone.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast