Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Shane Crawford

To be fair, Adelaide had an ageing list and an unexciting coach, and ran into the Lions at the Gabba! Also, that's what happens when you give up a no.2 draft pick and I don't think anyone has suggested anything remotely like that.
    Captain Logic is not steering this tugboat.

"[T]here are things that matter more and he's reading and thinking about them: heaven, reincarnation. Life and death are the only things that are truly a matter of life and death. Not football."

On the Rookie List
    I think we should go all out and go for broke for 2005.

Lets get Crawford and also...Nathan Buckley, Anthony Koutoufides, Mark Mercuri, Joe Misiti, Anthony Stevens, Glen Archer, Wayne Campbell, Robert Harvey, Chris Grant, Rohan Smith and Chris Grant.

Seriously...Shane Crawford could be a bonus if AND ONLY IF we give bugger all to Hawthorn (perhaps they have salary cap pressures - I hear that Nick Holland is on a fair bit as well) ie.Older player or lower draft pick.

Originally posted by originalswan
    Seriously...Shane Crawford could be a bonus if AND ONLY IF we give bugger all to Hawthorn.
    I think that criteria is uppermost for pretty much everyone who has some thought of getting Crawford.
    Captain Logic is not steering this tugboat.

"[T]here are things that matter more and he's reading and thinking about them: heaven, reincarnation. Life and death are the only things that are truly a matter of life and death. Not football."

On the Rookie List
    See I really do like Chris Grant - mentioned him twice (maybe cover both ends)

Originally posted by pillowtalk
    Loose lips sink ships ...
    I'm getting to grips with what you said ... No it's not in my head
    I can't awaken the dead day after day...Why don't we talk about it?Why do you always doubt that there can be a better way?
    It doesn't make me wanna stay

Why don't we break up?
    Sit down or i swear to God i'll have you shot.

Yarraville, Victoria, Australia, Australia
    Originally posted by SimonH
    Failures: Rudi Mandemaker* There's a slight typo on RWO where they call him 'Mandemacher'; and sure, he wasn't that old in 1988, but big Rudi was over the hump after about the 2nd season he played footy. I cacked myself when I found out that Sydney recruited him!
    What is it with South Australia and fat slob full forwards?

"One Grenville Dietrich, there's only...."

JF
    "Never ever ever state that Sydney is gone.They are like cockroaches in the aftermath of a nuclear war"
    (Forum poster 'Change', Big Footy 04Apr09)

Originally posted by Ruda Wakening
    I can't awaken the dead day after day...Why don't we talk about it?Why do you always doubt that there can be a better way?

Why don't we break up?

Ruda, what are you talking about? Is this a conversation that should end with,

wrapped in plastic it's fantastic.

I'm confused?
    Here's my heart and you can break it
    I need some release, release, release
    We need
    Love and peace

LOL!

Something pillow said reminded me of that Robbie Williams song. Whats it called, Sexed Up?

Theres a great line in it. "I've got my eyes shut praying they won't stray"
    Last edited by Ruda Wakening; 10th September 2004 at 01:35 AM.
    Sit down or i swear to God i'll have you shot.

The Fourth Captain Schneiderman's Avatar
    I say that every three years you need to take a punt. Sure you dont want it to cost your arms and a leg, but without risk there is no reward.

BTW, if we take a fresh untried player instead, whose to say he will be more successful?? Sure he may be a ten year gun player, but then we haven't found one of those yet.

I say give him a run. You win some and you lose some... Willo showed us that on the weekend

Originally posted by Ruda Wakening

Why don't we break up?
    LOL

There's nothing left to say ...

Originally posted by JF_Bay22_SCG
    What is it with South Australia and fat slob full forwards?

"One Grenville Dietrich, there's only...."

JF
    'City of churches, axe murderers and overweight goalsneaks...' certainly has a nice ring to it.

One for the SANFL nerds (of whom I'm one)- in the mid-90s, Norwood had not one but 2 fat full-forwards on its list: Chris 'Tractor' Prime and Anthony Pierri. Both of them were capable of kicking 10 on their day; neither was capable of sustaining a chase for more than 10 metres at a stretch. Sadly Pierri was usually assigned the role of kicking a bag in the reserves unless Tractor was injured.

Once, when the weight of Pierri's form got too great, they were both played for the firsts. But it only ever happened once.

On the Rookie List
    Originally posted by SimonH

Here's the history of players drafted/traded who had achieved at least a little something at their old club, but were (known to be) over the hump in their careers, put into 3 categories:

Successes: Tony Lockett (1994 obviously, not 2002!), Paul Roos, Schwatta, Jason Ball, Paul Williams.
    Failures: Rudi Mandemaker*, Paul Hawke (in 1991), Phil Krakouer, Richard Osborne, John Hutton, Brad Hardie (!), Dermie, Shannon Corcoran, Scott Russell, Brett Allison, Stephen Tingay, Nick Daffy.
    Call it square: Darren Kappler, Dean McRae, Derek Kickett, Kevin Dyson.

Dean McRae was a BIG FAILURE and not " Call it square " whereas Kevin Dyson was very underated and even though he played for only two seasons, I would classify Dyson under " Successess ".

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast