Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Shane Crawford

Originally posted by cressakel
    Dean McRae was a BIG FAILURE and not " Call it square " whereas Kevin Dyson was very underated and even though he played for only two seasons, I would classify Dyson under " Successess ".
    My conclusion was based on his stats

http://stats.rleague.com/afl/stats/p...ean_McRae.html

rather than actual recollections of seeing him play live ('cos I don't have any), so if you thought he sucked, chances are he did.

Blog Entries

Re: Shane Crawford

Originally posted by Jimmy C
    Sorry to sound like an old gossip...but I just spoke to someone who was at the All Australian dinner (corporate guest). Whilst in the toilet, they were standing near Eddie and an unnamed Hawthorn board member. Discussion centred around the selection of the new coach (at that stage not released to the media) and that Crawford was DEFINITELY on his way to Sydney, with the finer points of the deal to be sorted out (happy with player for player situation).

Normally, I view this kind of tale as "Urban myth" type rubbish myself, but given the accuracy of the first part of the information, the stuff around Crawf may also be true.

FWIW, I think SC is an old hack, and the Swans would be insane to go for him at his age.
    More fuel to the fire. A mate of mine in Sydney and something of a Swans fan (my best chance for member get member one day I think) co-habits with a lovely young lady who happens to be a real estate agent. Apparently she showed a guy through an apartment in Bronte yesterday. The guy was taking photos, asked a lot of questions about security, privacy etc and was for the whole inspection on his mobile to someone called Shane. Apparently he was looking on behalf of Shane who is moving interstate for work in the next month or two. I'm not making any suggestions just relaying the facts. You can all draw your own conclusions. Apparently the unit is very very nice.

On the Rookie List Ryan Bomford's Avatar
    Must be Warney's new digs! A place to hide the smokes and diet pills.

Blog Entries
    Originally posted by Ryan Bomford
    Must be Warney's new digs! A place to hide the smokes and diet pills.
    LOL

Something I've heard from a reliable source suggests that Crawford most likely won't be wearing the brown and gold next year.

No mention of the Swans though.
    We hate Anthony Rocca
    We hate Shannon Grant too
    We hate scumbag Gaspar
    But Leo WE LOVE YOU!

Blog Entries
    For anyone who is interested - I got a few more details. The guy who looked over the flat was called David. He and Shane are mates from childhood. They grew up in the country. Shane lives interstate, David lives in Sydney but they see a fair bit of each other. Shane wants to buy a house in a hurry, that was really all that was said.

As an aside, my mates girlfriend was very excited though because this David fella apparently knows the guys from Spiderbait and could get her CD's signed for her...

Nothing remotely conclusive but Mark is sure it is Crawf. Already has him wearing number 8... What number would we put him in?

I have grave concerns on Crawford's value to us. He is 30, past his best and his attitude has got to be questioned.

Prefer we go for Cameron Bruce!
    Swannies for life!

Senior Player
    Originally posted by ROK Lobster
    He and Shane are mates from childhood. They grew up in the country. because this David fella apparently knows the guys from Spiderbait and could get her CD's signed for her...

To connect the dots (come on ROK I donna believe you are that stoopid), they all link back to Finlay where Crawford grew up!!!!

Blog Entries
    Originally posted by floppinab
    To connect the dots (come on ROK I donna believe you are that stoopid), they all link back to Finlay where Crawford grew up!!!!
    I did not know Spiderbait were from Finley but I'd reckon Mark does (I bet they turn a few heads when they go home). I could be being taken for a ride here - time will tell. I knew Crawf was from Finley. There have been a few others too I think. Gerrard Healy? John Barnes?
    Last edited by ROK Lobster; 18th September 2004 at 06:06 PM.

I wonder when the journo's will pick up on this story?????

On the Rookie List
    Oh yes, we had the same garbage in the west with Kevin Sheedy buying property in WA a couple of years ago, This story pops up every year with some star. Imo Sydney would be foolish to look at Crawford we want a star not a fading one.

Originally posted by ROK Lobster
    I did not know Spiderbait were from Finley but I'd reckon Mark does (I bet they turn a few heads when they go home). I could be being taken for a ride here - time will tell. I knew Crawf was from Finley. There have been a few others too I think. Gerrard Healy? John Barnes?
    Being an ex-Finley person I can tell you that as well as Crawf going through our school we also had Bernard Toohey, David Murphy, Leon Higgins, Bill Brownless, Tim Powell (Richmond) as well as Kram, Whit and Janet from Spiderbait!
    "My theory is that the universe is made out of stupidity because it's more plentiful than hydrogen" - Frank Zappa

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast