Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 1st half thoughts

1st half thoughts

- Pressure a lot more intense meaning a lot less time to dispose than last week, but players still playing like it was last week
    - WHAT GAME IS BRETT ALLEN UMPIRING???? Is he Goldspink in disguise????
    - Need to try and open the game up a little more to give ourselves some space. Seems that St Kilda are playing this style better than us. They are killing us at the stoppages, and it seems that's all there has been in this game.

I'm on the Chandwagon!!!

If you cannot compete for the premiership, it's better to be young and exciting than middle-aged and dowdy.

Living in 2005

Re: 1st half thoughts

Originally posted by Mike_B
    - Pressure a lot more intense meaning a lot less time to dispose than last week, but players still playing like it was last week
    - Need to try and open the game up a little more to give ourselves some space. Seems that St Kilda are playing this style better than us. They are killing us at the stoppages, and it seems that's all there has been in this game.
    Thomas is fighting fire with fire and winning so far.

We are lucky to be as close as we are.

They are looking fantastic on the run, while we seem to lack something.....

Injuries to Matthews and Williams are a big problem.

Please people, honest appraisal - can we still win this game??? I cannot see anything except the score updates on the afl website and I need to know - I am going nuts here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Go you mighty BLOODBOYS!

We need to show a bit more urgency in getting it forward and not being caught holding the ball.
    Give MOL and Barry and our crumbers more opportunities.
    We are being killed at stoppages, Jude started well but has gone quiet.
    Goodes is playing poor unaccountable footy and needs to lift big time.
    Willo is a huge loss - a lot now rests on our youngsters McVeigh and Ablett.
    "As everyone knows our style of football is defensive and unattractive, and as such I have completely forgotten how to mark or kick over the years" - Brett Kirk

We really need to improve if we're going to win it. We just can't seem to get our hands on the ball. It's a tough ask with only 20 fit players now too.

I'm on the Chandwagon!!!

If you cannot compete for the premiership, it's better to be young and exciting than middle-aged and dowdy.

Blog Entries
    We are lucky to still be in it.
    As good as Goodes is he has to be more accountable.
    Injuries a big concern.
    Umpiring is up to the usual standard.
    Quietly panicking...(sp?)

Living in 2005
    Originally posted by bloodboy
    Please people, honest appraisal - can we still win this game??? I cannot see anything except the score updates on the afl website and I need to know - I am going nuts here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    It is a worry bloodboy - Saints are playing quite well, and playing our game at that.

We are close enough though, and we may just be good enough.

This was always the worry.

Hardly surprising - Saints are one of the best stoppage teams in the comp. Even though we do it a lot, I don't think we're really that good at clearing the ball from stoppages.
    Captain Logic is not steering this tugboat.

"[T]here are things that matter more and he's reading and thinking about them: heaven, reincarnation. Life and death are the only things that are truly a matter of life and death. Not football."

Blog Entries
    Perhaps more beer for me is the answer. Its worth a shot...

ROLLLLLL TIDE!!!!!!!!!!!! Glenn's Avatar

I won't say I told you so in regards to Allen
    Premiers 09,18,33,05

"You Irish Twit", Quote attributed to a RWO member who shall remain nameless.

We need to try and get more run in our game. We won't win by simply forcing stoppages as Saints are proving more effective at clearing it.
    Shauble on Gherig is a better option.
    Nicks has been good so far.
    "As everyone knows our style of football is defensive and unattractive, and as such I have completely forgotten how to mark or kick over the years" - Brett Kirk

Senior Player
    26 points now - Saints have kicked the last 6 - game over i'm afraid

ffs seymour is still giving away free kicks and he's not even playing(

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast