Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SPOILER: Tonight's match

Living in 2005

SPOILER: Tonight's match

AMAZING.

One of the great finals. The best non swans final I have ever watched, Saints totally unlucky.

Anyone who says Lenny Hayes is worth nothing can get stuffed. BRILLIANT tonight.

Blog Entries
    Completely agree. Super game, Saints ran out of puff. Hayes was fantastic, as was all their midfield. I can't stand Wanganeen but it is a great player who can kick a goal like that, basically to win a PF. Go the Lions/Cats

On the Rookie List
    What can I say, out of all the non-swans matches that I can remember in recent history, this match left me the most breathless, wanting another quarter, disapointed that there had to be a loser, match I had ever seen.

Even though I was dispointed the swans lost last week, seeing the Saints perform tonight, made it a little easier to accept. We lost to an awesome team, that will be the next power in football.

Also well done port on their first grand final apperance, their effort cannot be over looked.

I sure whoever gets through tomorrow night, won't be disapointed both teams knocked the stuffing out of each other tonight!!
    No.1 ticket holder of Nick Davis Fan Club...

Thank goodness us Victorians won't have to put up with the build up of St Kilda in Grand Final. Those who remember the build up in 97, the media went way overboard with the hype and acted if St Kilda were dead certs for the flag. Hasn't been a build up like it since.

Still if the Lions win tomorrow night, my brother is going to enjoy living in Victor Habour next week*

*Those who know who my brother supports will understand what I'm getting at. Those who don't he supports the Lions
    Once was, now elsewhere

It was a great game, the Aints were unlucky, Reiwoldt played one of his worst games IMHO.

But I still want him at the Swans

It's finally finished in Sydney. Definitely one of the great finals games spoiled only by the morons who, in all probability, cost their team the game by running on to the field.

Let's hope for another great game next week. Maybe even one tonight as well.

An awsome game of football. One of the best games this year. Games like that are why Aussie Rules is the greatest game on Earth. I was screaming at the TV as Guerra tried to soccer kick the ball for a goal. Damn Burgoyne.

At least I know who I'll be suporting in the GF - whoever is playing Port! Go Brisbane or Geelong.

Originally posted by cruiser
    At least I know who I'll be suporting in the GF - whoever is playing Port! Go Brisbane or Geelong.
    Ditto

Yarraville, Victoria, Australia, Australia
    Originally posted by robbieando
    Still if the Lions win tomorrow night, my brother is going to enjoy living in Victor Habour next week*

*Those who know who my brother supports will understand what I'm getting at. Those who don't he supports the Lions
    But if they lose, will he chuck another Mr Sulky routine like he did after the Lions' match here?

Man, I'm totally drained. What a pulsating match. How good were the young Sainters. They had that game. But maybe they inexperience in front of goal cost them.

Port, well. They finally are where they should be. I think Old Royboys hit the nail on the head when he said that the motor behind Port Adelaide in ROGER JAMES! The guy is just a ball magnet, I tell you. Even when the Power were under the pump, he was still getting the ball. And just when you thought Wanganeen was doing nothing, they swing him up forward and he kicks match-winning goals for them. Just amazing!

I watch the Swans each week. Watching that in comparison to what I saw tonight is like comparing a crack on the wall to the Grand Canyon. We did not deserve to be anything near Footy Park tonight. And as shown by the unbelievable skill and courage from both teams, we are a long way off what is needed to succeed at that level.

But if Port play like they did in the 1st quarter against the Adonises in Lions guernseys, they'll be 6 goals down. Also of concern is Tredrea's kicking for goal from a set shot. Stuart Dew looks about 15 kg overweight as well.

JF
    "Never ever ever state that Sydney is gone.They are like cockroaches in the aftermath of a nuclear war"
    (Forum poster 'Change', Big Footy 04Apr09)

Was a fantastic game. I guess my feeling was this was getting close to Port's last chance - their window of opportunity is starting to close, while St Kilda's is just starting to open. If they can keep their list together for a few years like Brisbane has been able to, watch out!

I feel sorry for Rob Harvey - an absolute champion who played a brilliant game in his 300th, but it wasn't quite enough. No doubt that his form is good enough to play another year or two, but will his body hold up?

I'm on the Chandwagon!!!

If you cannot compete for the premiership, it's better to be young and exciting than middle-aged and dowdy.

stupid stkilda letting friggen port win

im angry
    Theres not much left to say

Originally posted by JF_Bay22_SCG
    But if they lose, will he chuck another Mr Sulky routine like he did after the Lions' match here?
    Simple, if they win he'll give to every Port fan in Victor ****, if they lose he'll just say he doesn't care about the result. I have said it many times, he only supports the Lions when it suits him ie when the Lions beat us or they win a flag - anything to hang **** on me.

Still he told this week that the lead up to the Showdown was like nothing he had seen before, Grand Final week in Melbourne included. So he is in for a rough week.

Anyway good on Port
    Once was, now elsewhere

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast