Thread: Change of rules since kangas game

I'm SO over the swans! swan_song's Avatar

Change of rules since kangas game

Interesting that the AFL have made a rule change since we played the Kangaroos, but not many people are aware of it...

The old rule: David King pushes Nick Davis into the square at a centre bounce...free kick to North...result...goal!

The new rule: J Brown pushes Damien Hardwick into centre square at a centre bounce...free kick to Port Adelaide...result...goal.

And that twerp umpire on Black & White Line fever says umpires' decisions never influence the result of a game....
    "Davis...Davis has kicked 2...he snaps from 40...dont tell me, dont tell me, hes kicked a goal....unbelievable stuff from Nick Davis, can you believe this, he's kicked 3 final quarter goals and Swans are within 3 points..."

Re: Change of rules since kangas game

Originally posted by swan_song
    Interesting that the AFL have made a rule change since we played the Kangaroos, but not many people are aware of it...

The old rule: David King pushes Nick Davis into the square at a centre bounce...free kick to North...result...goal!

The new rule: J Brown pushes Damien Hardwick into centre square at a centre bounce...free kick to Port Adelaide...result...goal.

And that twerp umpire on Black & White Line fever says umpires' decisions never influence the result of a game....
    There has been no rule change - its always been the rule if you push someone into the square a free kick is paid against you. With the King one, it wasn't picked up on the night, but there hasn't been a rule change since, Brown was unlucky he got caught doing it where King didn't
    Once was, now elsewhere

I'm SO over the swans! swan_song's Avatar
    I know that Robbie...it's IRONIC...
    "Davis...Davis has kicked 2...he snaps from 40...dont tell me, dont tell me, hes kicked a goal....unbelievable stuff from Nick Davis, can you believe this, he's kicked 3 final quarter goals and Swans are within 3 points..."

Re: Re: Change of rules since kangas game

Originally posted by robbieando
    With the King one, it wasn't picked up on the night, but there hasn't been a rule change since
    I still seethe when reminded about that.
    Occupational hazards:
    I don't eat animals since discovering this ability. I used to. But one day the lamb I was eating came through to me and ever since then I haven't been able to eat meat.
    - animal psychic Amanda de Warren