Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who's next on the trading shopping list?

Who's next on the trading shopping list?

Ball is back with the Saints. Norf are waiving big dollars for Ottens and it is more likely he'll stay in Victoria, Simmonds also headed for Victoria, who is next on the trading shopping list?

Keating won't play all year, doesn't seem like much available. Still a few mid fielders available but not much else unless it comes from left field.
    In memory of my little Staffy - Dicey, 17.06.2005 to 1.12.2011- I'll miss you mate.

Presti

Drummoyne..INNER WEST BABY!! (Bay 29 SCG)
    Notting.
    Seaby (we could try!)
    Bruce (Looks to be staying in Melb though)

...Crawford
    Official Driver Of The "Who Gives A @@@@ As The Player Will Get Delisted Anyway" Bandwagon.

Damon White from Port is reported to be on the move and at 21 and a key position player he would be more than handy.
    What about Aickland (i think tha's how you spell it, aparently has put in some good performances at SANFL level put can not get a regular senoir game

It seems Jolly is disgruntled with the Demons.

From memory, I thought there was big tabs on him last year when White was in a slump. Would be much cheaper then Ottens and would fill the ruckman role well.

I get the feeling that Sydney seems to be playing their trading card options very close to their chest. I don't think a specific midfielder has been name and I'm guessing the only reason Ottens was mentioned was because some journo asked them specifically.

Any thoughts?
    Last edited by Bas; 29th September 2004 at 03:47 PM.
    In memory of my little Staffy - Dicey, 17.06.2005 to 1.12.2011- I'll miss you mate.

It's going to be hard for Paul Roos after stating that the Swans are going to be aggresive in the trading period if nothing eventuates, but then again, as stated he could be playing his cards close to his chest. Fingers crossed.

Hawthorn have told Ben Dixon and Angelo Lekkas that they will be traded if a suitable trade is offered. Without looking up any details on these guys (age etc), does anyone think they might be worth looking at?

I'm on the Chandwagon!!!

If you cannot compete for the premiership, it's better to be young and exciting than middle-aged and dowdy.

dixon would be a good pick up
    is about 188cm i think could play forward or back
    Theres not much left to say

And I like Lickarse just because of his name

Not that I'm into that or anything

I just thought it very funny when my Hawthorn supporting mate called him that

Hmm maybe I should shut up now
    If u don't believe me, I will knock your bloody teeth out and not pay you a cent.

Lekkas could be a useful midfielder. I remember when his name came up last year and I thought he would be a handy addition. Certainly not a champion midfielder by any stretch of the imagination, but he has some good skills which we could use.

Dixon was a good medium size forward, but has struggled over the past couple of years. I think he'd still be a useful player in the right team, but I'm not sure if we really need someone like that.
    Captain Logic is not steering this tugboat.

"[T]here are things that matter more and he's reading and thinking about them: heaven, reincarnation. Life and death are the only things that are truly a matter of life and death. Not football."

On the Rookie List
    Slightly off topic but a post on BF got me wondering if many clubs bid up the price of off contract opposition players that they really don't want/have no hope of getting so that when a player that they do like comes off contract there is no money left and that player is looking to leave.
    I can see this happening to the West Coast as clubs throw truckloads at Judd which might see some decent players looking to "come home".
    St Kilda also comes to mind although signing Hamill was self inflicted.Ball signed for more than first offerred due to huge offers from other clubs.
    I wonder if the Swans play that game.Could we be bidding up the price of Ottens( once we know he is not interested) in the hope that a good young Geelong midfielder might become available next year.
    I am obviously bored.

Blog Entries
    What about Mal Michael??? He would be a handy pick up. He has shown he is unhappy with his teammates.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast