Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Int Rules - Irish Media

On the Rookie List

Int Rules - Irish Media

We have copped an absolute bagging in the Irish media, they are having a field day.

Would like to know what other people think of the games. I do enjoy watching them but cannot say I really care if we win or lose.

Lettuce know.

Yarraville, Victoria, Australia, Australia

Re: Int Rules - Irish Media

Originally posted by Chubby Muffler
    We have copped an absolute bagging in the Irish media, they are having a field day.

Would like to know what other people think of the games. I do enjoy watching them but cannot say I really care if we win or lose.

Lettuce know.
    Read this thread for some perspective.

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showthread.php?t=139201

Admittedly some of their comments are funny, some of the Irish are the worst trolls I have ever seen, aside from the mental midgets who post in Leagueunlimited's Fight Club.

JF
    "Never ever ever state that Sydney is gone.They are like cockroaches in the aftermath of a nuclear war"
    (Forum poster 'Change', Big Footy 04Apr09)

On the Rookie List

Re: Int Rules - Irish Media

Originally posted by Chubby Muffler

I think it is a great sport. I would love to play it!

I am not too worried if we lose at all. It if it truely such a compromising sport then the handicap to both teams should be fair enough that the win-loss is spread evenly.

I also like that the players get a chance to play in a representitive squad. I would probably prefer a state of origin series to this, but it is good enough.

Parkville VIC after a lifetime in Sydney.
    Have a look at the Gaelic Assoc Official Site to read the "news" too.

They deserve to bag us out - we played terribly!
    COMPARE YOUR BROADBAND PLAN AND SAVE - www.SeeknBuy.com.au - $15 Connection CashBack OR Free Delivery
    ADSL - ADSL2 - NAKED ADSL - Business ADSL/SHDSL - 3G/HSPA - VoIP - 3c FAX VIA EMAIL
    Mobiles / Cap Plans & 3G Mobile / Broadband plans - 5c SMS - VoIP on your Mobile

The round ball and square field are such massive advantages for the Irish it's a national embarrassment for them that they have ever lost a game.

Love it or Leave it
    Both Aussie Rules and Gaelic Football are great sports on their own. However, I'm not one to care for the hybrid International Rules game- to me it's pointless because the two codes are best enjoyed in pure form, and to make them "international" with the hybrid sort of defeats the whole purpose as both codes were never meant to be international (although Gaelic football can legitimately claim to be an "international" sport as it's actually played in many countries).

Just MHO.

Originally posted by peterh_oz
    Have a look at the Gaelic Assoc Official Site to read the "news" too.

They deserve to bag us out - we played terribly!
    I never saw the match. Anyone got a tape of it?

JF
    "Never ever ever state that Sydney is gone.They are like cockroaches in the aftermath of a nuclear war"

Originally posted by Sanecow
    The round ball and square field are such massive advantages for the Irish it's a national embarrassment for them that they have ever lost a game.
    There is a balance though. Our guys are full time professional athletes. The GAA guys are all amateurs. All hold down day jobs and train at nights after work. Their game doesn't allow for tackling either. You can block your opponent, shepherd him, or try and dispossess him by targetting the ball, but you can't tackle the man. IR includes that fundamental aspect of the AFL game.

I went to Melbourne last year to see it live for the first time, and it is truly a very entertaining almost pulsating spectacle.

A Blood to the bootstraps The Boot's Avatar
    20 minutes walk to my seat on O'Reilly wing.
    Originally posted by JF_Bay22_SCG

JF
    It'd be like watching the '96 GF .. you're interested - but commonsense says not to do it. You can tape the second game coming up on monday morning again at 01:20. perhaps we can reclaim a little bit of pride. I'm sure Gary Lyon is still trying to regain his voice from last weekend. Phewee .. would loved to have been a fly on THAT changeroom wall!!!
    Good men do good deeds. Evil men do evil deeds. But it takes religion for a good man to do evil deeds.

On the Rookie List BAZooka Woman's Avatar
    Originally posted by JF_Bay22_SCG

JF
    Yeah, let me know if you wanna borrow it. I don't tgink it's really worth it though, it's truly cr@p! I was hoping for a bit of footy to keep me going through the off season .. but I just ended up fast forwarding to see the final score.

Maybe it's because I don't know the rules properly, and I kept shouting 'come ON ump, that's gotta be a free!'

But the soccer goal stuck between the posts is just laughable

Kick it! Kiiiiick iiiiiiiiit!

Originally posted by BAZooka Woman
    Yeah, let me know if you wanna borrow it. I don't tgink it's really worth it though, it's truly cr@p! I was hoping for a bit of footy to keep me going through the off season .. but I just ended up fast forwarding to see the final score.

Maybe it's because I don't know the rules properly, and I kept shouting 'come ON ump, that's gotta be a free!'

But the soccer goal stuck between the posts is just laughable

Yeah, please bring it tomorrow. That would be heaps cool!

JF

Originally posted by The Boot
    It'd be like watching the '96 GF .. you're interested - but commonsense says not to do it. You can tape the second game coming up on monday morning again at 01:20. perhaps we can reclaim a little bit of pride. I'm sure Gary Lyon is still trying to regain his voice from last weekend. Phewee .. would loved to have been a fly on THAT changeroom wall!!!
    He is nothing but a Channel 9 stooge planted there to make the Tv product look more marketable. When journalists questioned Lyon's taktical knowledge and team selections, he smugly replied "Come on, that's not a serious question, is it?"

They have been in the west of Ireland for 3 days before starting training again a couple of days ago. What an embarrassment to the Australian jumper.

I like IR and want it to at least be taken seriously by everyone. But when players pull out left right and centre and supporters like those on Big Footy are any indication very few people are watching the series this year. (Or are they just sooking after Australia's hounding, and the severe trolling from several shocking Irish listees.)

JF

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast