Thread: Round 3 Ladder, Goalkicking and Stats

Round 3 Ladder, Goalkicking and Stats

Are now up....available here: http://www.redandwhiteonline.com/con.../statshome.php

Now that we're 3 weeks into the season, I'd just like to get some feedback as to whether anyone bothers to take a look at them, and if you do actually bother to look through them, do you find them useful at all?

Thanks.

I'm on the Chandwagon!!!

If you cannot compete for the premiership, it's better to be young and exciting than middle-aged and dowdy.

I read them and then use them to make myself feel better that we can't get any worse
    Once was, now elsewhere

no feedback at all?

Come on people, the stats take a fair while to compile each week, so it would be really helpful if you all had a look and let us know if it's useful to you. Not fair on Mike if he has to spend time updating them only for himself and me to read them!!

177th Senior AFL Match - Round 4, 2009 - Sydney vs Carlton, SCG. This is obviously out of date. I suppose I'll update it once I could be bothered sitting down with the fixture and working it out....
    Des' Weblog

The season totals are very useful... much more reliable than sydneyswans.com.au

But the ones each week, I can just as easily grab the Sunday or Monday Herald-Sun... but that's only me... I'm sure many others don't have the H-S or Sydney's equivalent handy...

Hope that's any help at all.

I guess the only reason for doing each week's stuff was because it would seem a bit weird not having them, but I know where you're coming from.

Glad to know you find the season-to-date stuff useful. Hopefully when some of our writers come to doing their mid-season reviews, they will be able to make use of this info.

I'm on the Chandwagon!!!

If you cannot compete for the premiership, it's better to be young and exciting than middle-aged and dowdy.

I like the stats as they are all in one handy spot to look through. In terms of the weeklies, they are useful to go back to later in the season, or even just a couple of games ago.

A scary thing is I noticed that Ball is one of our leading possession getters!!
    Captain Logic is not steering this tugboat.

"[T]here are things that matter more and he's reading and thinking about them: heaven, reincarnation. Life and death are the only things that are truly a matter of life and death. Not football."

Senior Player
    Mike

I think it's a great addition to the site, and refer to them often. My only request would be to see the oppositions stats for that week up there as well for comparative purposes. If it's too much extra work however, feel free to leave as is.
    It's very hard to live in a studio apartment in San Jose with a man who's learning to play violin. That's what she told the police when she handed them the empty revolver.
    The Scarlatti Tilt - Richard Brautigan

I thought about it, and it could be done quite easily - basically is just a matter of putting the info in there. The alternate for the weekly stats is like Charlie said and to pick up a paper/refer to afl.com.au or some place like that.

If there are more people out there who'd like to see the opposition stats for the round as well, I'm more than happy to add them in.

I'm on the Chandwagon!!!

Senior Player
    i havent spent a whole lot of tim on them, AS YET... they are handy however!

i really like the idea of the goalkicking percentages though