Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: midfield super star

I think Buchanan is one player who could be the Sam Mitchell-like player to get in and get the ball out effectively. Doesn't make him a midfield superstar but does make him a very important driver.

Watched a little bit of the hammering we had against Port last year, and I saw him get into the pack, get the ball, and then hang onto it until he found a good option and delivered it well. made a nice change from other midfielders who dive in, get the ball and then quickly pump it out without finding a teammate effectively.

Schneider seems like the running, long kicking player, sort of in the mould of Maxfield. Same with Kennelly.

Sheer skill (or potential to be like that) seem to belong to Davis, McVeigh and Malceski.

The potential for a great midfield is there, even if we don't get a potential Brownlow winner. What actually happens remains to be seen.
    Captain Logic is not steering this tugboat.

"[T]here are things that matter more and he's reading and thinking about them: heaven, reincarnation. Life and death are the only things that are truly a matter of life and death. Not football."

Banned indefinitely by Moderators for posting totally inappropriate material
    Originally posted by TheHood
    Well I have to say there is a certain arrogance/confidence that underpins talent, brilliance and consistent dedication that are the hallmarks of a GREAT MIDFIELD GENERAL.

I agree that we just don't have one as of this moment in our ranks.

I think that Schneider, Monty and Moore have it in youthful spades but are yet to prove it on the field.

Moore ? how do you know anything about him yet?

Originally posted by footyhead
    Hes very good f/head. he will play senior footy this yeer, and make a empression.

Originally posted by Rushed Behind
    he will play senior footy this yeer, and make a empression.
    Enteresting...

On the Rookie List
    I feel fairly confident if you know nothing about him that he should DEFINITELY succeed at senior level.

And in answer to your question, I did say he has talent (wouldn't have been drafted if he didn't would he) but we haven't seen whether it will lead to leadership stuff.

I have seen him play and I was blown away by what I saw in an under 18s origin match where he was BOG kicking 3 or 4 from the midfield.

Plus the small snippets from the club and coach have been more positive than the usual about his senior prospects this year.

That's all a bit irrelevant to this thread though isn't it???

Banned indefinitely by Moderators for posting totally inappropriate material
    no

Veterans List
    Ditto for Malceski.

Question

After reading through the replies most players mentioned seem to be goalkicking types and not real midfield players.Maybe McVeigh,Spriggs and Moore could develop and I'm confidant Roosy will be looking at some of these guys as long term propositions.Patience is a virtue and good things come to those who wait.

Will these good things be in small packages?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234