Thread: SMH Article - 24 Board Candidates Nominated

SMH Article - 24 Board Candidates Nominated

http://www.smh.com.au/news/AFL/Hall-...230005190.html

Hall is a possible future captain blah blah blahs....

"Twenty-four candidates have nominated for two new positions on the Swans board. For the first time, Swans members will vote to elect board members. Nominees include former captain Paul Kelly, who is No.14 on the ballot paper - the same number he wore on the field."

That coincidence (or was it?) has been brought up in a thread in the SFC Director Election forum.

I'm on the Chandwagon!!!

If you cannot compete for the premiership, it's better to be young and exciting than middle-aged and dowdy.

I read that in todays SMH and wondered whether the journo had seen it mentioned on here.
    Occupational hazards:
    I don't eat animals since discovering this ability. I used to. But one day the lamb I was eating came through to me and ever since then I haven't been able to eat meat.
    - animal psychic Amanda de Warren

On the Rookie List LittleSchneider's Avatar
    Maybe the Journo has lost his mind... I like this theory better
    And the man who started it, the Schneiderman, can kick his third for the quarter. And the swans are in the Grand Final!

The order at present is alphabetical, just luck that Kelly was 14th in the order, I would assume that they will be drawing for the order on the official ballot paper.

I'm SO over the swans! swan_song's Avatar
    Interesting...and only two years behind the times...we discussed Hall as a possible future captain in 2003....
    "Davis...Davis has kicked 2...he snaps from 40...dont tell me, dont tell me, hes kicked a goal....unbelievable stuff from Nick Davis, can you believe this, he's kicked 3 final quarter goals and Swans are within 3 points..."

Originally posted by cruiser
    I read that in todays SMH and wondered whether the journo had seen it mentioned on here.
    Highly likely - we (or in this case Scott) have been quoted (without credit) before.

I thought the count was 26 not 24. The journo obviously ran out of toes.

If I had nominated I woould not have been as lucky as Kel. I would have slotted in at 24 instead of my rightful spot.

Blog Entries
    Originally posted by j s
    Highly likely - we (or in this case Scott) have been quoted (without credit) before.
    Well it aint rocket science. It is a number that sticks, if you know anything of the swans.