Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Momentum vs Kids

Veteran Site Admin
    Originally posted by sharp9

Spriggs would have to be lagging behind Willoughby and Moore, whilst Fosdike has probably played his last game.

I'd be amazed if Spriggs were behind either Willoughby or Moore at the moment in Roos' eyes. Neither has the ability to run all day around the midfield for a start, and at the moment is looks like Willoughby is being groomed to start his career in defence.

Ablett will be struggling to make round 1 given that he's not had much of a pre-season and has yet to play a game. If he were an established player you'd probably back him to come in but he's one of those dozen players fighting for 6 or 7 spots in the team.

As for Jolly, let's give him a little more time before labelling him a dud. In particular, we need to wait to see him play in a team that actually resembles a football team rather than a mismash of players who look as if they've never met before. There is not a single one of our established senior players who has played a good game in the past fortnight, with just Nicks and O'Keefe mustering a 'pass' grade for their games last week.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    I doubt Moore will play in round 1, I think the Swans would like him to build up his aerobic capacity. He looked really out of breath each time he came off yesterday.

Regular in the Side
    Originally posted by ugg
    I doubt Moore will play in round 1, I think the Swans would like him to build up his aerobic capacity. He looked really out of breath each time he came off yesterday.
    he'll definitely be playing off the bench for a while, but i wouldn't be surprised if they've got a lot of hope in this kid.

On the Rookie List LittleSchneider's Avatar
    I agree with the comments made about Heath James.

I thought against the Dogs he made some really poor decisions and this resulted in some goals being kicked at point blank by the opposition. He did some dumb things and basically didnt do anything, in my eyes, to warrant a place come round 1.

And again yesterday - he did some dumb things - kicking to people in a contest in the center sqaure is basically suicidial! He's defending was poor and his decision making was poorer.
    And the man who started it, the Schneiderman, can kick his third for the quarter. And the swans are in the Grand Final!

Veteran Site Admin
    Originally posted by LittleSchneider

I thought against the Dogs he made some really poor decisions and this resulted in some goals being kicked at point blank by the opposition. He did some dumb things and basically didnt do anything, in my eyes, to warrant a place come round 1.

He made a couple of poor errors but otherwise probably took the points against Grant. The Bolton boys made equally poor errors at least as frequently.

He did look a bit at sea yesterday, but then the whole team was a shambles.

Schauble looks likely to miss the start of the season so it is likely to come to a choice between James or sacrificing Leo to play at FB.

The only other potential for FB is Campbell but he still looks to be finding his feet at AFL level - James is clearly a better option at the moment.

Suspended by the MRP
    Originally posted by liz
    He made a couple of poor errors but otherwise probably took the points against Grant. The Bolton boys made equally poor errors at least as frequently.

He did look a bit at sea yesterday, but then the whole team was a shambles.

Schauble looks likely to miss the start of the season so it is likely to come to a choice between James or sacrificing Leo to play at FB.

The only other potential for FB is Campbell but he still looks to be finding his feet at AFL level - James is clearly a better option at the moment.
    With LRT likely to start i guess Leo could well be the FB, suspect James to cover from bench, but few games yet to work it out.

Originally posted by Sid
    Spriggs is definitely not magic but i see him as a regular in our side. He definitely seems to have the skills and the fitness
    Sorry but all Spriggs seems to have is his fitness and the desire to find the ball. What he does with it once he gets it is a different matter.
    Once was, now elsewhere

Originally posted by Mark
    With LRT likely to start i guess Leo could well be the FB, suspect James to cover from bench, but few games yet to work it out.
    I would expect all three listed above to play though the Full Back position while Schauble is out of the side. Once he comes back, I would think we'll see James drop out.
    Once was, now elsewhere

80KG kids have no chance when playing against 90KG seasoned monsters.

Pre-season games are a crap guide to the season ahead. All these games tell people is that we may have 2-3 younger players pusing for selection.

No point running players into the ground early in the season.

Although I would suspect Roosy is refering to Powell, Fosdike, Buchanen amongst others as need ing to prove they are worth persisting with
    You don't ban those who supported your opponent, you make them wallow in their loserdom by covering your victory! You sit them in the front row. You give them a hat! Toby Ziegler

Originally posted by Reggi
    Pre-season games are a crap guide to the season ahead. All these games tell people is that we may have 2-3 younger players pusing for selection.
    Yep. Especially when the players have more chance of getting injured. I'd rather them get injured by training because training has a bigger point to it all.
    Vicky Pollard: Oh my god I so can't believe you just said that this is like the time I threw Anita's nokia in the canal as a joke and she's like you have well got to buy me another one and I'm like get over it and then Paul came over who's adopted anyway and started saying that I fancy Mark Bennett but oh my god just because I have sex with someone doesn't mean I fancy them.

Originally posted by Reggi
    Although I would suspect Roosy is refering to Powell, Fosdike, Buchanen amongst others as need ing to prove they are worth persisting with
    Buchanan is doing very well IMO. He is looking very safe and would be picked ahead of Schneider on form - easily...even though we know Schneids can REALLY produce when fully fit and firing.
    "I'll acknowledge there are more talented teams in the competition but I won't acknowledge that there is a better team in the competition" Paul Roos March 2005

Originally posted by LittleSchneider
    I agree with the comments made about Heath James.

And again yesterday - he did some dumb things - kicking to people in a contest in the center sqaure is basically suicidial! He's defending was poor and his decision making was poorer.
    Will they give Vogels a run at fullback next week I wonder? He played at both ends for Terang and he really has put his hand up. Every reporter had him in our best this week (and last I think, too).
    "I'll acknowledge there are more talented teams in the competition but I won't acknowledge that there is a better team in the competition" Paul Roos March 2005

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast