Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Worse (and best) game of recent years?

best: 2005 grand final????
    Theres not much left to say

Drummoyne..INNER WEST BABY!! (Bay 29 SCG)
    Best: 2003 qualifying final (Derr)
    2002 Against the Roos...hearing KB shouting out WILLIAMS! after he kicked that great snap to give us the lead and which led to us storming home to win by 40 odd. Was also Kells last really good game.

Worse - richmond last yr (first time ive left before the siren)
    Official Driver Of The "Who Gives A @@@@ As The Player Will Get Delisted Anyway" Bandwagon.

Originally posted by swansrule100
    best: 2005 grand final????
    Yet to come. I will come back to this thread in September some time.
    Vicky Pollard: Oh my god I so can't believe you just said that this is like the time I threw Anita's nokia in the canal as a joke and she's like you have well got to buy me another one and I'm like get over it and then Paul came over who's adopted anyway and started saying that I fancy Mark Bennett but oh my god just because I have sex with someone doesn't mean I fancy them.

Veteran Site Admin
    Originally posted by NMWBloods
    The game against the Saints was 2002, and definitely one of the worst.

Some examples over the past 7 years...

Shockers barely worth watching (and certainly never again) include Adelaide last year (SCG), Richmond last year (SCG), Geelong last year (SCG), Hawthorn in 2003 (MCG), Kangaroos in 2003 (Manuka), Geelong in 2002 (SCG), Bulldogs in 2002 (SCG), Lions in 2002 (SCG), Hawthorn EF in 2001, Essendon in 2001 (SCG), Hawthorn in 1999 (W), Bulldogs QF in 1997.

You forgot the Freo game at the SCG in 2001? 2002? Both teams had lost several in a row and were completely bereft of confidence. Sydney turned out to be less crap on the day than the Shockers but it was a close run thing. It was certainly the most inept performance by two teams I'd ever witnessed...only to be surpassed a couple of years later by the St Kilda game.

Originally posted by Jeffers1984

Worse - richmond last yr (first time ive left before the siren)

id supressed that memory til this thread mentioned it
    Theres not much left to say

Originally posted by liz
    You forgot the Freo game at the SCG in 2001? 2002? Both teams had lost several in a row and were completely bereft of confidence. Sydney turned out to be less crap on the day than the Shockers but it was a close run thing. It was certainly the most inept performance by two teams I'd ever witnessed...only to be surpassed a couple of years later by the St Kilda game.
    I remember that game - those of us down on the fence on the O'Reilly wing thought the ball was flat in the first quarter that's how pathetic the kicking was early on.

I'm on the Chandwagon!!!

If you cannot compete for the premiership, it's better to be young and exciting than middle-aged and dowdy.

Blog Entries
    Originally posted by liz
    You forgot the Freo game at the SCG in 2001? 2002? Both teams had lost several in a row and were completely bereft of confidence. Sydney turned out to be less crap on the day than the Shockers but it was a close run thing. It was certainly the most inept performance by two teams I'd ever witnessed...
    LOL. I remember listening to that game on the radio. The commentators were saying how boring the game was, how pathetic it was, and how neither side looked as though they could possibly win it. By the 3rd qtr they were just pretty much talking amongst themselves.

Worst loss in the Paul Roos era was the Roos game Rd 19 last year. Worst ever was the 150 point hiding against the Bears in 1994.

The best of the Paul Roos era was the Port Adelaide Sf 2003 and Best of all time 1996 Prelim v Essendon

Also anytime we beat Collingwood is a good day

On the Rookie List
    Coming to you LIVE from a Stand near you!
    Originally posted by NMWBloods
    The game against the Saints was 2002, and definitely one of the worst.

Some examples over the past 7 years...

Shockers barely worth watching (and certainly never again) include Adelaide last year (SCG), Richmond last year (SCG), Geelong last year (SCG), Hawthorn in 2003 (MCG), Kangaroos in 2003 (Manuka), Geelong in 2002 (SCG), Bulldogs in 2002 (SCG), Lions in 2002 (SCG), Hawthorn EF in 2001, Essendon in 2001 (SCG), Hawthorn in 1999 (W), Bulldogs QF in 1997.

Best games were St Kilda last year (SCG), Port QF in 2003, Lions in 2003 (Gabba and SCG), Essendon in 2003 (TS), Calrton in 2003 (TS), Collingwood in 2003 (TD), Kangaroos in 2001 (twice at SCG), West Coast in 1998 (WACA).
    i agree with NMWBloods.

Dont forget some of those game we've had against Freo over the years like last year and year before.Very boring.
    Well done Craig Bolton for getting the co- captaincy in 2008.

Your determination,your tenacity and your under-rated skill is why you have become my favourite player!

Originally posted by liz
    Yeah - did forget that one (thank you for reminding me!! ) - horrific!
    Captain Logic is not steering this tugboat.

"[T]here are things that matter more and he's reading and thinking about them: heaven, reincarnation. Life and death are the only things that are truly a matter of life and death. Not football."

Originally posted by swansrule100
    what a surprise you think its rubbish!!!!1
    name an enjoyable loss??? even if we are spirited it just stinks cos we tried our heart out and lost
    Best game is not any win - look at some of the shockers we have won.

I'm not saying that losses are enjoyable, but it's not necessarily the case that every lost game is amongst the worst.

For example, compared a season where we win 14-8 and don't win the flag, and every win is a tough grind and dull to watch, against another season where we win 12-10, all games are exciting and a joy to watch. The odd extra losses are possibly worth it for a more enjoyable spectacle.

In some ways I can empathise with the comments from the 'Journey' brigade (which is why I like to jump up and down about it). Of course the aim is to win a flag, but it's a professional sport and as a spectator to it I also want to enjoy the game when I watch it.

That's not to say losing is awfully frustrating, however winning when it is boring doesn't enthral me either.
    Captain Logic is not steering this tugboat.

"[T]here are things that matter more and he's reading and thinking about them: heaven, reincarnation. Life and death are the only things that are truly a matter of life and death. Not football."

What year was that dreadful, boring, low scoring draw against St Kilda at Telstra Dome (then Colonial Stadium)? That was one of the worse I have ever seen.
    Occupational hazards:
    I don't eat animals since discovering this ability. I used to. But one day the lamb I was eating came through to me and ever since then I haven't been able to eat meat.
    - animal psychic Amanda de Warren

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast