Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Worse (and best) game of recent years?

Veterans List

Worse (and best) game of recent years?

The dour game against the Roos has lots of us thinking about other dud Swans games we have witnessed. Personally, the worst game of footy I've ever seen was the Swans-Aints in 2002 (?) that neither team could win so it ended in a draw. But the way the Swans folded in the wet to the Tigers last year comes close for head-bowed ineptitude.

What would be your selection of the worst (and best) Swans games of the Paul Roos era?

For best games I'd put the Port QF of 2003, the Aints game of R11 last year and the Brisbane game at the Gabba late in R20 2003.

ROLLLLLL TIDE!!!!!!!!!!!! Glenn's Avatar
    For ineptitude got to be the Swans vs Saints game (2003????)

Best game, QF vs Port @ AAMI, courage,pride,passion
    Premiers 09,18,33,05

"You Irish Twit", Quote attributed to a RWO member who shall remain nameless.

Best: QF against Port Adelaide
    Worst: Richmond loss last year
    Bloods

"Lockett is the best of all time" - Robert Harvey, Darrel Baldock, Nathan Burke, Kevin Bartlett, Bob Skilton

Blog Entries
    Worst: Last year against Port. The game showed how much a big win (the week before against St K) takes out of the team, both physically and mentally, and the absolute lack of depth we have in our back half. After the excitement of the week before that game brought me back to earth with a thud. That game, more than any other in the past few years, showed just how far we are behind the top teams. After Saturday I cannot see how much has changed.

Best: 2003 v West Coast at SCG when MOL kicked 5 or 6. Just thought we played good footy all day.

The game against the Saints was 2002, and definitely one of the worst.

Some examples over the past 7 years...

Shockers barely worth watching (and certainly never again) include Adelaide last year (SCG), Richmond last year (SCG), Geelong last year (SCG), Hawthorn in 2003 (MCG), Kangaroos in 2003 (Manuka), Geelong in 2002 (SCG), Bulldogs in 2002 (SCG), Lions in 2002 (SCG), Hawthorn EF in 2001, Essendon in 2001 (SCG), Hawthorn in 1999 (W), Bulldogs QF in 1997.

Best games were St Kilda last year (SCG), Port QF in 2003, Lions in 2003 (Gabba and SCG), Essendon in 2003 (TS), Calrton in 2003 (TS), Collingwood in 2003 (TD), Kangaroos in 2001 (twice at SCG), West Coast in 1998 (WACA).
    Captain Logic is not steering this tugboat.

"[T]here are things that matter more and he's reading and thinking about them: heaven, reincarnation. Life and death are the only things that are truly a matter of life and death. Not football."

Blog Entries
    What bloods said.

Any game we win against the eagles i enjoy work next day.

Veterans List
    Loss to the Hawks at the G in 2002 or 2003 on a wet Friday night was a shocker.

best game is any win
    worst game is any loss
    Theres not much left to say

Originally posted by swansrule100
    best game is any win
    worst game is any loss
    Sorry, but I think that is rubbish.
    Captain Logic is not steering this tugboat.

"[T]here are things that matter more and he's reading and thinking about them: heaven, reincarnation. Life and death are the only things that are truly a matter of life and death. Not football."

what a surprise you think its rubbish!!!!1
    name an enjoyable loss??? even if we are spirited it just stinks cos we tried our heart out and lost

fair enough though particular games

well best game of recent times has to be qf v port in 2003 followed by the win against carlton in any year

the worst game ive seen was last year and this year against the kangaroos and the game against brisbane in the 2003 prelim, because we were outclassed too easily in the last half
    Theres not much left to say

Worst: The Wally Jackson Roos one.
    Best: Not sure yet.
    Vicky Pollard: Oh my god I so can't believe you just said that this is like the time I threw Anita's nokia in the canal as a joke and she's like you have well got to buy me another one and I'm like get over it and then Paul came over who's adopted anyway and started saying that I fancy Mark Bennett but oh my god just because I have sex with someone doesn't mean I fancy them.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast