Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Midaro's Weekly LRT thread

I think the Swans and perhaps the AFL see it as important that LRT be seen as a successful RL convert in order to advance AFL in NSW. It seems like we feel we owe it to him to let him play because he chose AR over RL. I think that perhaps he made a bad choice and now we are paying for it. Back to the twos.

On the Rookie List
    Im a RL and Union supporter and have been converted into loving AFL.
    Im not a big fan of LRT. He seems a bit gangly at times. But he oes try
    I think hed be better off at League or Union where he just has to run straight ahead with the ball...cause of his height hed be great
    Last edited by KillerQueen; 3rd June 2005 at 04:14 PM.
    A little man is sitting in a room with two doors. One door says "Do Not Enter" and the other says "Do Not Exit". So he just sits there, holding his hat.

Running forward with the ball tucked under his arm might be too complex a game plan.

McVeigh for Brownlow Site Admin RogueSwan's Avatar
    Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    Originally posted by Sanecow
    I think the Swans and perhaps the AFL see it as important that LRT be seen as a successful RL convert in order to advance AFL in NSW. It seems like we feel we owe it to him to let him play because he chose AR over RL. I think that perhaps he made a bad choice and now we are paying for it. Back to the twos.
    Ahhh, the X-files still continue, thanks Mulder .
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

On the Rookie List
    Yeah! Get rid of him. The last thing we need to do is develop more talls... We would of won if it wasn't for his constant stuff ups. How could he decide to play in the ruck!? What made him think that was a good idea? Why did he decide to play in the forward line!? Stupid player who cost us that game!

On the Rookie List jude_boltons_babe's Avatar

ive got a few things to say

GET RID OF HIM HES DRIVING ME CRAZY
    jude bolton and adam biggest fan ever

One thing he did manage to do last night was be part of one of the quickest interchanges ever in the game - he was switched with Bevan at the 51 second mark of the match.

I'm SO over the swans! swan_song's Avatar
    Out with LRT, Davis, Tadhg, Leo, Mathews, Buchanan, Spriggs. In with Schaubs, Saddo, Grundy, Vogels, Willoughby, Moore, Clarke...
    Maybe even ring-in a couple from the little leaguers who played at half time, some of them showed more skill than the Swannies...
    "Davis...Davis has kicked 2...he snaps from 40...dont tell me, dont tell me, hes kicked a goal....unbelievable stuff from Nick Davis, can you believe this, he's kicked 3 final quarter goals and Swans are within 3 points..."

Originally posted by gossipcom
    One thing he did manage to do last night was be part of one of the quickest interchanges ever in the game - he was switched with Bevan at the 51 second mark of the match.
    That happens alot more often than you might think - the club announces their starting 18 30 mins before the game, opposition does the same, only to then find match-ups aren't quite right, so switch a tall for a small or vice-versa to get the match-ups working a bit better.

I'm pretty sure I heard one of the players in another game yesterday stand virtually by the interchange gate at the first bounce to be replaced straight away.

I'm on the Chandwagon!!!

If you cannot compete for the premiership, it's better to be young and exciting than middle-aged and dowdy.

Veteran Site Admin
    Originally posted by swan_song
    Out with LRT, Davis, Tadhg, Leo, Mathews, Buchanan, Spriggs. In with Schaubs, Saddo, Grundy, Vogels, Willoughby, Moore, Clarke...
    Maybe even ring-in a couple from the little leaguers who played at half time, some of them showed more skill than the Swannies...
    I realise that you're taking the piss - at least partially.

But knowing that there's a degree of seriously in your comment, you do realise that we can't play Grundy, Vogels or Clarke in the senior team - or not all of them in any case.

Yeah it does happen alot Mike though the reaction of LRT when he was pulled off at that time wasn't a happy one - almost as good as when McVeigh was pulled off after turning the ball over which led to a goal in the 3rd quarter.

Blog Entries
    It is about time LRT got dropped, he did nothing last night. Nothing!

The biggest nothing was Robertsons screamer he just floated across the front and missed the whole thing.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast