Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Magic to defence?

Magic to defence?

What do people think of moving Micky to the backline for awhile. Since he has been back he has not seen much ball and seems to not gel that well with Hall. His game back has been very one dimensional so far just using his body to try and push off and mark. (very similar to Hall). I would rotate Davis out of the square/midfield.

Barry was very frustrated last week at times and the ball was being delivered out wide to Micky.

With his knees maybe running in straight lines from defense might give him a career lift and put some height/experience up back.

Regular in the Side
    I think he would give away too many free kicks which would translate to goals.
    ---------||--ANNE--||----------

He cant run. He might be better off retiring than moving back to defence. We are playing him as close as the goal square for this reason. Cant see any other position in the group for him with his knee condition. A sad tale really.

On the Rookie List
    Please tell me you arent serious??
    - Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in a world they've been given, than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact, it's an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration, it's a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary. Impossible is nothing!

Regular in the Side
    Originally posted by Newbie
    He cant run. He might be better off retiring than moving back to defence. We are playing him as close as the goal square for this reason. Cant see any other position in the group for him with his knee condition. A sad tale really.
    he would definitely be better off retiring rather than moving to defence.

perhaps it is time for him to go. is there anyone else in the afl as worn-out as magic? voss is giving cameo performances in the midfield so he's one step fitter than micky.

a real shame as he really was one of the finest.

On the Rookie List
    Strangely enough the forward structure hasn't jelled with him back in when you'd think the reverse would be true.
    LIFE GOES ON

Blog Entries
    Yep, move Micky into defence, and Buchanon into the ruck...

On the Rookie List
    Why would you play a guy that has no speed, one leg at best, no leep and no experience for the position, in the backline? He would provide no run from the flanks, have no ability to float into packs, will et injured running at top speed, and would get dominated by anyone at this level...

Mod Edit - Uncalled for MA. Following posts referring to this comment have been removed. - SR4E
    - Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in a world they've been given, than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact, it's an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration, it's a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary. Impossible is nothing!

Veterans List
    As a matter of fact Micky was used by Eade as an onballer in his early years. He was also very good in that spot. He was part of Eade's rotation and worked very well off half back when used in the flood.

When Plugger gave it away he become the focal point up front.

Problem now is his knees just are not up to it. A goal sneak really is his only value now.

Blog Entries
    Originally posted by anne
    I think he would give away too many free kicks which would translate to goals.
    He is giving away plenty now that translate into no goals!!!

Re: Magic to defence?

Originally posted by sfan
    What do people think of moving Micky to the backline for awhile. Since he has been back he has not seen much ball and seems to not gel that well with Hall. His game back has been very one dimensional so far just using his body to try and push off and mark. (very similar to Hall). I would rotate Davis out of the square/midfield.

Barry was very frustrated last week at times and the ball was being delivered out wide to Micky.

With his knees maybe running in straight lines from defense might give him a career lift and put some height/experience up back.
    Have you had brian implosion sfan, maybe time for a nap I think.

DST
    "Looking forward to a rebuilt, new, fast and exciting Swans model in 2010"

On the Rookie List
    If Micky O moves back to the backline, I'm tearing up my membership card, and going to start following Terang 3rds (look it up if u don't know where it is).
    The problem with the team is tenfold, but lets start with Micky. A champion, no one could/would deny, however, the poor bastard has had that many injuries etc, that he needs a year off to recover, but who would give him that? I wouldn't. His best spot, on two injured knees, and hamstrings made of plastic is the forward line, but perhaps we need to play him for half the game, 10-15 mins per quarter. It would be similar to to way Paul Lynch from Geelong (not Brissy) played at the end of his career, and worked well. He had dodgy hammys.

Forward pocket for our Micky until his career ends in 2-3 years.

As always .........
    Red and White Stewie, Red and White!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast