Thread: Injury News

RWO News

Injury News

SYDNEY
    Coach Paul Roos gives Daryn Cresswell a good chance of returning from a calf injury that has sidelined him since round one. However, despite the club's wish to blood young players, he said there would be no rush to promote rookies such as first-round draft pick Jarrad McVeigh.

"I think a problem with the Swans in recent years is that players have gotten games too easily," Roos said. "I don't want to create an impression that you only have to be young and fit to get a game. We won't be elevating them just because they are kids. There has to be some element of players earning their spot in the side."

"We have got Schneider who is in, and there may be a bit of a surprise with a young fella playing his first game and that will be exciting for that particular guy who doesn?t know yet."

"We have Cressa back so we just have to be conscious of balancing it week to week. I also want to make sure the players who are coming in are in good form in the Canberra league that they have played at least a couple good games as in the past I think it has been too easy to get a game here."

Ben Fixter Foot 1-2 weeks
    Stephen Doyle Knee Indefinite
    Heath James Knee Indefinite

MELBOURNE
    Steven Armstrong's injured shoulder will be tested before the match against Sydney on Friday night. Troy Broadbridge will miss the next 3 weeks after injuring his shoulder while playing in a practice match for Sandringham earlier in the year.

Steven Armstrong, shoulder - available
    Troy Broadbridge, shoulder - 3 weeks
    Alistair Nicholson, knee - early to mid season
    Craig Ellis, knee - mid season

RWO News
    The Sydney Morning Herald reports that Stephen Doyle has been put on the long-term injury list, allowing the Swans to promote a rookie for the Melbourne game: 18-year-old James Meiklejohn, a ruckman recruited from Eastlake in the ACT.

Melbourne midfielder Adem Yze was cleared of rough play at the AFL tribunal.

More at
    http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2003/...777307901.html