Thread: Swans star winged, but is far from finished

Blog Entries

Swans star winged, but is far from finished

Swans star winged, but is far from finished
    HE struggles to scale a flight of stairs. He barely trains. The joints in his knees have screamed in pain, the by-product of a decade in the big time; all that twisting and pivoting, the weaving of magic, bamboozling his latest hapless opponent.

One thing that I found interesting in the article was this line:

"There are days where I still can't believe I'm still in Sydney," O'Loughlin said. "I planned to stay one year. I've ended up here for more than 10
    He may have come here with the same attitude that saw us lose Rocca, Grant, Gaspar. I think this sort of stuff is now dead and buried hopefully. Gone are the days where Sydney is just seen as a stepping stone to bigger and better things. We are becoming a destination, not just a brief pit stop.
    Visit my eBay store -

10% off for mentioning RWO when you buy. Great Christmas presents!

Regular in the Side
    I think things will change back and players will cringe when they get drafted to Sydney(despite it being a great city with a wonderful climate). The problem is that even if a player is talented when he arrives he won't be for very long if things continue as they have been. Talented players are taught to play a boring, physically demanding style of football. Also being surrounded by players with atrocious skills and decision-making ability is contagoius. Creativity and flair is discouraged, tall players are not cultivated, the environment is not healthy and the coaching is crap. Finally ,new players are not even given much of a chance to play as the favourites can do no wrong and never get dropped and perennially injured players are kept on the list year in year out as Sydney is a caring club! Well what about caring for the supporters for a change?
    ---------||--ANNE--||----------

Isn't the games record held by rantal? Or is that not counting South Melbourne?

Blog Entries
    Originally posted by adnar
    Isn't the games record held by rantal? Or is that not counting South Melbourne?
    Rantall holds the record for the maost Matches for the Swans. Maybe you are right and they are talking about the Sydney Swans as opposed to the SM Swans!

Clearly talking about the Swans in Sydney, as we have more than just 6, 200 gamers in club history. For the record the club itself and the AFL, view the Club games record as being held by John Rantall at 260 and don't split the clubs history in that way.
    Once was, now elsewhere

The Fourth Captain Schneiderman's Avatar
    Originally posted by anne
    I think things will change back and players will cringe when they get drafted to Sydney(despite it being a great city with a wonderful climate). The problem is that even if a player is talented when he arrives he won't be for very long if things continue as they have been. Talented players are taught to play a boring, physically demanding style of football. Also being surrounded by players with atrocious skills and decision-making ability is contagoius. Creativity and flair is discouraged, tall players are not cultivated, the environment is not healthy and the coaching is crap. Finally ,new players are not even given much of a chance to play as the favourites can do no wrong and never get dropped and perennially injured players are kept on the list year in year out as Sydney is a caring club! Well what about caring for the supporters for a change?
    What a rant! Good thing the players dont believe any of it.

Originally posted by robbieando
    Clearly talking about the Swans in Sydney, as we have more than just 6, 200 gamers in club history. For the record the club itself and the AFL, view the Club games record as being held by John Rantall at 260 and don't split the clubs history in that way.
    Sydney Have the lowest games record for a foundation club, it's pretty amazing, no one has played 33 or even 270 games, whilst clubs like the crows bears and eagles all have.

Back, strapped and intact dread and might's Avatar
    Originally posted by adnar
    Sydney Have the lowest games record for a foundation club, it's pretty amazing, no one has played 33 or even 270 games, whilst clubs like the crows bears and eagles all have.
    What?
    I wish my weed was EMO so it would cut itself

Yep, our games record is 260.

Brisbane already have 3 players past that and will have 2 more this yer and may get another 3 more within 3 years.

Adelaide has 4 players past that, with the chance of adding another within 3 years.

West Coast has 2 players past that.
    Captain Logic is not steering this tugboat.

"[T]here are things that matter more and he's reading and thinking about them: heaven, reincarnation. Life and death are the only things that are truly a matter of life and death. Not football."