Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Latest Roos Comments

On the Rookie List

Latest Roos Comments

From swans website:

"Roos believes Adam Goodes added a new dimension to the side around the stoppages while the effort of debutantes Luke Vogels (seven disposals, two tackles, one goal) and Jarred Moore (five disposals, two tackles, one goal) was also significant.

The mystery for Roos remains how to turnaround their goal accuracy. He is hoping the win may reverse their fortunes as more practice may cause the players to question their ability.

"If they widen the posts it would be nice," Roos joked.

Roos believed adam goodes added a new dimension to the side around the stoppages!?! THATS BECAUSE HE WAS PLAYED WHERE HE PLAYS BEST! You idiot! Goodes was hopeless as a defender, he never stayed on his man. He loves roving and the taps, and lets not forget that IS WHERE HE GOT HIS BROWNLOW.
    *ahem*
    You've gotta laugh at the "mystery for Roos remains how to turnaround their goal accuracy"
    Excuse me but what does a coach actually do nowadays if they aren't making the players practice simple ball skills and kicking accuracy for a seniors grade football team?

Ahh.. i wait for the papers and the articles with the 'wonderful' and terribly cliched Roos replies. Hahaha.. Gets my blood boiling on a monday morning!

I'm not the only one who feels this way am i???

Veterans List
    As was discussed at length last week, the Swans have gone from being the most accurate goal kicking team in the comp to the least accurate. And that's with largely the same players kicking for goal. So they know how to kick goals but are missing right now. To some extent, it may be the entry into the F50 but a large part of it is definitely a head thing. Getting them to practice more kicking may not be the answer as it will just reinforce what they are doing now (which is clearly wrong). Maybe confidence will fix it.

Personally I'd go for thinner goal posts. Then we would have won by 31 points on Saturday - which more closely resembles the balance of play.

Most of those posters were missing anyway...
    Captain Logic is not steering this tugboat.

"[T]here are things that matter more and he's reading and thinking about them: heaven, reincarnation. Life and death are the only things that are truly a matter of life and death. Not football."

Veterans List
    Originally posted by NMWBloods
    ??????

I no longer read any of Roos cliches with any interest. Is there anyone not tired of them yet??? Those cliches give nothing at all. Perhaps, that is the way he wants them to be.

On the Rookie List

Re: Latest Roos Comments

Originally posted by Chiasmus
    From swans website:

"Roos believes Adam Goodes added a new dimension to the side around the stoppages while the effort of debutantes Luke Vogels (seven disposals, two tackles, one goal) and Jarred Moore (five disposals, two tackles, one goal) was also significant.

Roos believed adam goodes added a new dimension to the side around the stoppages!?! THATS BECAUSE HE WAS PLAYED WHERE HE PLAYS BEST! You idiot! Goodes was hopeless as a defender, he never stayed on his man. He loves roving and the taps, and lets not forget that IS WHERE HE GOT HIS BROWNLOW.
    *ahem*
    If Goodes didn't cop a knee injury last year he would have played in the ruck every game and we wouldn"t have recruited Jolly.
    Of course Roos knows ruck is his best position.He just didn't want to be responsible for ending Goodes career prematurely.
    With our lack of rucks and changes to the centre bounce rules he took a calculated risk putting Goodes back in the ruck.
    I can't see how you can call Roos an idiot because he was looking after the welfare of a player.

Bloody Longmire!
    But he can't take all the blame, our general field kicking is pathetic. Example: delivery to Hall!!!!!
    They'll lose!!!

On the Rookie List

Re: Re: Latest Roos Comments

Originally posted by Barry Schneider
    If Goodes didn't cop a knee injury last year he would have played in the ruck every game and we wouldn"t have recruited Jolly.
    Of course Roos knows ruck is his best position.He just didn't want to be responsible for ending Goodes career prematurely.
    With our lack of rucks and changes to the centre bounce rules he took a calculated risk putting Goodes back in the ruck.
    I can't see how you can call Roos an idiot because he was looking after the welfare of a player.
    I was calling him an idiot not because of that decision, but moreso for saying such an idiotic thing. Which he does, often.

I understand the risk of goodes getting injury is a huge one for the team, thats why i said rover... i get nervour seeing him in the centre bounces, and am very glad we have jolly. I just think Goodes plays much better in the midfield than as a defensive player...

Regular in the Side

Re: Latest Roos Comments

Originally posted by Chiasmus
    You've gotta laugh at the "mystery for Roos remains how to turnaround their goal accuracy"
    Excuse me but what does a coach actually do nowadays if they aren't making the players practice simple ball skills and kicking accuracy for a seniors grade football team?
    actually i had a good laugh at the implication that roos is not doing these things with his team. OF COURSE HE IS!!! i think he is referring to the deeper mysteries of motivation and confidence.

Veterans List
    Any chance of stating the obvious next time NMW.

Originally posted by Nico
    Any chance of stating the obvious next time NMW.
    Same posters look closer to going for goal while others never look like going through.

I thought most of ours didn't look like they were going to be goals anyway. Seems other people think the posters were bad luck and could have been goals.
    Captain Logic is not steering this tugboat.

"[T]here are things that matter more and he's reading and thinking about them: heaven, reincarnation. Life and death are the only things that are truly a matter of life and death. Not football."

Same posters look closer to going for goal while others never look like going through.

I thought most of ours didn't look like they were going to be goals anyway. Seems other people think the posters were bad luck and could have been goals.
    Yeah most of them were the wrong side of the post.
    If u don't believe me, I will knock your bloody teeth out and not pay you a cent.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast