Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Latest Roos Comments

Veterans List
    Originally posted by hardluck_harry
    Gee, glad I'm not a kid now days seems like the AFL are sucking the fun out junior footy. What happened to kick to kick, circle work and british bulldog.

Hey but thirty years ago we could kick drop, torpedoe's and flat punts as well drop kicks and stab passes and bananas. LOL
    Harry, the kids absolutely love the variety. They love learning and trying to execute what they see their heroes doing.

They want more and more. Stick to the basic stuff and they soon get bored. Stretch them and see the rapid improvement.

One great one was when they got to say 8-9 year old level was running and bouncing and kicking to a moving target, and then mixing up the angles. That teaches them vision and pinpointing at a very young age.

What a year 2005 SSFC/CFC

Re: Re: Latest Roos Comments

Originally posted by Barry Schneider
    If Goodes didn't cop a knee injury last year he would have played in the ruck every game and we wouldn"t have recruited Jolly.
    Of course Roos knows ruck is his best position.He just didn't want to be responsible for ending Goodes career prematurely.
    With our lack of rucks and changes to the centre bounce rules he took a calculated risk putting Goodes back in the ruck.
    I can't see how you can call Roos an idiot because he was looking after the welfare of a player.
    Goodes is not a full time ruckman, he simply cannot compete year in year out vs the giants like Cox, Brogan et al.

He should return to his roving commission and take the occasional ruck out wide to rest the big guys.

I think two weeks of rucking has got him involved more and more and he is benefitting from that.

He should never defend key forwards in the defensive 50, his attempts at spoiling are pretty atrocious....
    Sports do not build character. They reveal it....Heywood Broun

I always turn to the sports pages first, which record people's accomplishments. The front page has nothing but man's failures......Earl Warren

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123