Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Latest injury list.

I guess Doyle's career may rely on the development of Ericksen. I really do feel for Fixter and it must be a pretty hard time for him but the Swans have certainly persisted with him long enough so if he doesn't show signs this year I think his exit is inevitable.
    Come on Magic!

Originally posted by ScottH
    And we aren't vulnerable in the Ruck with him on our list??? I dare say he has watched more senior footy, than he has played, in the last three years
    He seems to be going down the same path as poor old Ryan Fitzgerald.
    "My theory is that the universe is made out of stupidity because it's more plentiful than hydrogen" - Frank Zappa

Blog Entries
    Originally posted by Dave
    He seems to be going down the same path as poor old Ryan Fitzgerald.
    Big Brother contestant???

Originally posted by ScottH
    Big Brother contestant???
    Nah. Radio jock.

Re: Latest injury list.

Originally posted by Snowy
    [Is it my imagination or have Fixter's weeks increased?
    The Swans' little joke. Ben Fixter has been 2-3 weeks away from commencing ever since 2002. Much like the 'Free beer tomorrow' sign up in bad pubs.

On the Rookie List
    Originally posted by giant
    Fosdike's career might also seem at the crossroads.
    Last game he was walking about without his crutches

i dont think its long till he back in reserves

as for Fixter...i keep seeing him train..i just wonder what the hell is doing
    A little man is sitting in a room with two doors. One door says "Do Not Enter" and the other says "Do Not Exit". So he just sits there, holding his hat.

Originally posted by barry
    We'll keep Doyle. Ball will be gone next year and without Doyle we will again be vunerable in the ruck. Probably his last chance though, if Erikson keeps improving in the 2's.

I agree Fixter and James appear doomed.
    We appear more vulnerable with Doyle in ruck, better off without him. Otherwise I agree.

Probably should be chasing a ruckman in the draft though. Our list appears to have an over abundance of small to medium shutdown, or runwith players, lacking kicking penetration and thinking ability i.e. Fosdike, Fixter, McVeigh etc.

A midfielder that kicked goals, imagine that, or does Geelong have all of them?
    They'll lose!!!

Veterans List
    Originally posted by Spong

A midfielder that kicked goals, imagine that, or does Geelong have all of them?
    Nope, WCE have more than their fair share....

On the Rookie List
    We appear more vulnerable with Doyle in ruck, better off without him. Otherwise I agree.

Probably should be chasing a ruckman in the draft though.
    Drafting another won't help us next year and it seems unlikely that either Eriksen or Shaw would be ready for an extended run in the seniors so that means we would only have Jolly & Goodes.

Therefore, we really need to keep Doyle or hope that we can trade for someone or pick up something decent via the PSD. I'd rather that we just keep Doyle if he can stay fit but that doesn't look promising.

Maybe there is a good ruckman running around in the Hampden League?

Originally posted by Sean

Maybe there is a good ruckman running around in the Hampden League? [/B]
    Looks to better preparation than running around in the Swans 2nds!
    Any chance Eriksen could have a chat to Minson. Bloody hell, he's turned into a monster!
    They'll lose!!!

On the Rookie List
    Looks to better preparation than running around in the Swans 2nds!
    In some ways it probably is. It's senior footy of a decent standard - possibly better than the ACTAFL.

Any chance Eriksen could have a chat to Minson. Bloody hell, he's turned into a monster!
    He sure has. I think that Ericksen is actually a bit taller than Minson but he's a lot skinnier and a year younger. Looks like it may take him a bit longer to develop at this stage.

Originally posted by Sean
    Drafting another won't help us next year and it seems unlikely that either Eriksen or Shaw would be ready for an extended run in the seniors so that means we would only have Jolly & Goodes.

Therefore, we really need to keep Doyle or hope that we can trade for someone or pick up something decent via the PSD. I'd rather that we just keep Doyle if he can stay fit but that doesn't look promising.
    Even if we budget for 10 games out of Doyle next year, which is in itself hopeful. It will take a bit of pressure off Jolly and Goodes over the course of a season.
    Then next year Erikson or Shaw can become ruck no. 3.

We have to keep Doyle if he's able to play. No point wasting draft picks on ruckmen for only a year.

FWIW, I think Jolly will be one of the premier ruckmen in the comp by the time he's late 20's.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast