Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Roos latest - gameplan wont change

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: shifting responsibility..

Originally posted by Schneiderman
    In short:
    1. The GAMEPLAN does not exist in such a simple form. Even as discussed in this thread, Roos and his coaches employ a variety of tactics and strategies on game day. Having a GAMEPLAN to begin with makes you very vulnerable as a coach and side. It makes you predictable and defeatable.
    2. Roos is very early in his coaching career. This means he is still learning and makes plenty of mistakes. He has admitted this much too. Plus he is only halfway through his five year plan. To all the bandwagoners out there: Give him at least till the end of that plan before you knee-jerk your way to another short-lived coach.
    3. Its not like he has not been an instrument of change. This year alone he has debuted three kids, and rotated a number of youngsters. In an established side that finished 3rd and 5th, plus has had a reasonable run with injuries, thats not too bad. And there is still more than half the season to go.
    4. He has cut poor performers, and been willing to throw some selection surprises. Sometimes they have worked (Ess, WB) sometimes not (StK). We have even had a Captain change, and a revolutionary rotational policy. You may not agree with them, but it certainly does not indicate a "boring" or "stubborn" or "dour" coach in my mind. I still see him as quite revolutionary at the moment, but of course history may well judge him more harshly. Still the risk-taking IS there.
    5. Confidence IMO has far more impact at the moment on this team than the GAMEPLAN. Sure you can drill and instruct players to kick long to the F50, but they can quickly go into their shells when that plan fails. This is particularly true of a team that is now too experienced to have a cavalier style of play (a la 2003), or knows it is not talented enough that the sheer capacity of skill will eventually outweigh the mounting errors and costly turnovers from risks.

I believe those of you ganging up on the GAMEPLAN are simplistic in your analysis, and are butchering the scape-goat the simplistic Melbourne media have trotted out for this week/month.
    Do you follow another team thinking its the swans or something. Diluted little fool you are, arnt you.

Moderator Edit: unnecessary comment

Originally posted by NMWBloods
    Reminds me of a variety of things - Minister of Information in Iraq, the CEO of Enron, Danny Frawley, and just about every spin doctor I've ever heard...
    hahahaha yes!!!

Schneiderman to a tee!!!

Back, strapped and intact dread and might's Avatar

4. He has cut poor performers,
    L.............R..................T
    I wish my weed was EMO so it would cut itself

On the Rookie List
    Reminds me of a variety of things - Minister of Information in Iraq, the CEO of Enron
    Do you think they might be available to coach the team? I removed Frawley's name from the quote for fear that someone on this board may take your post as a genuine brain-storm.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: shifting responsibility..

Originally posted by dread and might
    L.............R..................T
    No he/she means the youngsters..you know the ones we drafted like 5 years ago and havent had a run bar maybe a minute here or there.

Cmon LRT is the backbone of this team. Get of his back all of YA!

This year alone he has debuted three kids
    Well, that is an achievement for Sydney, but then again, so have West Coast while Brisbane have played 9 first gamers this year and one second gamer.

4. He has cut poor performers
    Care to list them? Coz I don't recall poor performers being cut, although I do recall youngsters spending plenty of time on the bench and then being dropped without being able to provide a fair assessment of performance.

I'm on the Chandwagon!!!

If you cannot compete for the premiership, it's better to be young and exciting than middle-aged and dowdy.

The Fourth Captain Schneiderman's Avatar
    Reminds me of a variety of things - Minister of Information in Iraq, the CEO of Enron, Danny Frawley, and just about every spin doctor I've ever heard...
    Oh get off your intellectual high-horse!

Because I disgree with people here I am deluded or insane.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: shifting responsibility..

Originally posted by Mike_B
    Well, that is an achievement for Sydney, but then again, so have West Coast while Brisbane have played 9 first gamers this year and one second gamer.
    Yes but their list is aging badly, and they have had a much heavier impact from injuries and suspensions than us!

Care to list them? Coz I don't recall poor performers being cut, although I do recall youngsters spending plenty of time on the bench and then being dropped without being able to provide a fair assessment of performance.
    There have been plenty of changes every week. And just because you aren't privvy to the Monday post-match analysis by the team and coaching staff, that hardly means the changes you speak off weren't justified. Either way, Roos still cant be maligned as "stubborn" or unwilling to take risks.

Your deluded if you think the style of play is any good. Your insane if you think the way we are playing will ever win us a premiership.

Our tactics hide the fact we are a team trying to hold its ground and not fall down the ladder. The way we play is trying to drag teams down to our level and then try and beat them with expirence. Problem is that only works against the weaker teams and not the teams we had to face come September, so as a club and as fans we have no true idea of where we really sit as a team. We have an idea, but until we ditch the current style of play we won't get the true extent of our problems.

You and the club don't want to face the fact that we are a poor side going backwards with no hope of a premiership in the foreseeable future. You are just happy treading water and not trying to lay any sort of ground work to build a side capable of winning a premiership.

Hold on to your dream Schneiderman, because thats all your going to have for a long long time.
    Once was, now elsewhere

Oh get off your intellectual high-horse!

No - no problem with you disagreeing, but I think your arguments are really clutching at straws and spin doctoring.
    Captain Logic is not steering this tugboat.

"[T]here are things that matter more and he's reading and thinking about them: heaven, reincarnation. Life and death are the only things that are truly a matter of life and death. Not football."

Originally posted by robbieando

You and the club don't want to face the fact that we are a poor side going backwards with no hope of a premiership in the foreseeable future.
    That is what makes the current scenario even more bleak and depressing.

A club with the poorest record in regards to premierships won in the past 50 -70 years (combined SM with SS) you would think it would do its hardest to win a flag regardless of how hard the Sydney market is.

Put that all aside and win a flag for ****s sake. You will see after a flag or two is won things will take care of themsleves.

I just don't think Paul Roos has the capcity in his character to drop pet players.

Look at Bevan and LRT.

Originally posted by robbieando
    Your deluded if you think the style of play is any good. Your insane if you think the way we are playing will ever win us a premiership.
    True. Our style of play and skill level need to improve dramatically. Contrary to popular opinion I ranted and raved at the TV during our poor effort on Saturday. But I think so many here have been hooked by the Melbourne Media and are wrong in their assessment. It isn't the GAMEPLAN that sucks, its our skill level and effort.

You and the club don't want to face the fact that we are a poor side going backwards with no hope of a premiership in the foreseeable future.
    Its hardly a FACT. Its your opinion. Our opinions differ, get over it. Strangely, so does yours and the "clubs". The way I see it, you're the odd one out.

You are just happy treading water and not trying to lay any sort of ground work to build a side capable of winning a premiership.
    I expected so much more from you Robbie. How could anyone be "happy" with treading water? But then apparently there is "no groundwork" being laid either, so you have lost credibility with both comments. The fact that despite a lack of good draft picks we took a swag of Rookies onto the list elude you? Our deliberate effort to go for youngsters only in the previous years draft elude you too? The last thing you could complain about given our draft situation is that there is NO effort being made to create a future. We sure as hell have done better than Dennis Pagan given similar situations.

And Roos' "plan" has more than half its current run to go!! Next you'll be joining F/H in his Holy Quest to get Priority Picks! Only with your current record you'll panic halfway through next year when we've lost 22 games in a row and then where do you turn??

Hold on to your dream Schneiderman, because thats all your going to have for a long long time.
    LMAO. I dont need any enouragement to hold on to the dream! I am the deluded blind optimist. I just hope all you bandwagoners have time to jump back on just before we reach the holy grail! I'd love to have you all there to celebrate it with, and I promise I wont rub your doubting nature in your face.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast