Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Roos latest - gameplan wont change

On the Rookie List

Post Roos latest - gameplan wont change

Sydney Needs Run from Firing Line

coach Paul Roos said despite the media scrutiny their "ugly" style won't change even if they acquire a star midfielder.
    "The effort was probably there again on Saturday night, but just that skill level and that elite talent through that midfield area really sort of caught us out."

Clearly no change of strategy in sight. Its still skill errors and our lack of talent that is the only thing holding us back according to Roos. Looks like more frustrating games in the future...
    I'm Flyin' High...

Blog Entries
    Paul, your needle is stuck. Your personality is seeping into the gameplan.

"The effort was probably there again on Saturday night, but just that skill level and that elite talent through that midfield area really sort of caught us out."
    Well what is the club doing to address this? There really is no excuse for poor skills being an issue year after year after year. A star midfielder is a little harder to solve the issue of, because drafting/trading isn't something you can do in isolation.

I'm on the Chandwagon!!!

If you cannot compete for the premiership, it's better to be young and exciting than middle-aged and dowdy.

"Most of the guys we have at the moment, I love them as players but are more inside Brett Kirk, Jude Bolton, Jared Crouch, Ben Mathews and Luke Ablett. There is not a lot of outside run."
    I never thought I'd see myself saying this, but how long till Fosdike is back? At least there has never been any perception of him being anything but an outside midfielder. At least if he was out there the lack of running midfielders would be another excuse that was null and void.

I'm on the Chandwagon!!!

If you cannot compete for the premiership, it's better to be young and exciting than middle-aged and dowdy.

On the Rookie List

shifting responsibility..

"As much as we think we're geniuses as coaches, individual players can have much more impact on a game of football than what Paul Roos can.
    is it just me, or does this comment seem like hes trying to shirk responsiblity back on to the players, ie. suggesting that really, as coach he doesnt have much of an influence over the game..
    if so, thats worrying.

And agree with you Mike_B, Roos cant consistently spurt out these excuses and then not doing anything about it! Hes been saying this crap all season - surely if we dont have talent in the midfield then we should be trying to blood some younger guys in there to see if they can step up to the task. I realise that this has sort of been happening with Schneider and McVeigh, but really if hes going to be serious about it, he has to give more gametime to McVeigh and accept that Schneider is best suited as a forward crumber. Time to give Moore MORE gametime, he looked promising. Spriggs looked to be a failure, so who does that leave? I cant comment on others in the reserves as Ive not seen them play, but surely there are some potentials there that aren't injured??
    I'm Flyin' High...

Yeah I totally agree with giving Moore some real gametime. he looked promising and effective when he had the ball and was unfortunate to have been given such a small amount of gametime. Time to bring him back in
    Come on Magic!

This Roo's comment is more frustrating then anything...

Of course their effort should be good! As I have said before, we could form a RWO side to play against Carlton and our effort will be there...BUT THAT DOES NOT WIN PREMIERSHIPS!!

Consistent "good effort" should not warrant continual senior selection (i.e buchanan).
    Swannies for life!

Football Terrorist
    Originally posted by Mike_B
    Well what is the club doing to address this? There really is no excuse for poor skills being an issue year after year after year. A star midfielder is a little harder to solve the issue of, because drafting/trading isn't something you can do in isolation.
    If this gameplan continues, we will lose more than we win and then the crowds wil drop off.

Obvious I know, but someone had to say it.
    The Destructive Dan Experience - Featuring Teal.
    Add me on Facebook - Danny Pinsuti (Except Suzi Olsen and her split personalities.)
    238 AFL Games.

He has lost it .

None of the young players introduced under Roos regime has actually kicked on. All have a promising first year but since then, it was all downhill for them. LRT, Bevan, Schneider and McVeigh, you name it.

The Fourth Captain Schneiderman's Avatar
    Good on you Paul.

Its not the gameplan, its the execution.

I'm yet to see a single "coach" on RWO come up with a truly better one.

The best we have to offer is "insightful" changes to the team, that are based as much on wishful thinking as blind optimism.

Include this article in your thinking readers, and maybe you will start to see that its not just Roos who thinks this way:

http://www.realfooty.theage.com.au/r...305621651.html

Originally posted by Schneiderman
    Good on you Paul.

Its not the gameplan, its the execution.

I'm yet to see a single "coach" on RWO come up with a truly better one.

The best we have to offer is "insightful" changes to the team, that are based as much on wishful thinking as blind optimism.

Include this article in your thinking readers, and maybe you will start to see that its not just Roos who thinks this way:

http://www.realfooty.theage.com.au/r...305621651.html
    NO PLAYER COULD HAVE DEVELOPED SKILLS with that game plan. I repeat, NO PLAYER COULD HAVE DONE SO. No, I dont blame the game plan for the ugly spectacle but I do blame the game plan for its destructive impact on the basic skills of our players.

The Fourth Captain Schneiderman's Avatar
    Originally posted by Newbie
    All have a promising first year but since then, it was all downhill for them. LRT, Bevan, Schneider and McVeigh, you name it.
    LRT - 2nd Rnd Draft. 21yrs. 2 full yrs of footy (but one mostly injured)
    Bevan - Rookie elevation. 20yrs. One full year
    Schneider - 4th Rnd Draft. 21yrs. 2 full yrs (but one injured)
    McVeigh - 1st Rnd Darft. 20yrs. 1 full yr.

Give Roos a break! After one full year of footy, you can hardly expect these players to be super-stars. Otherwise they would have gone much higher on the draft.

Everyone agrees footballers generally peak around 26-28. Barry Hall, Leo Barry and Brett Kirk are all just coming into their own. How about we give them at least another 2-3yrs before we start to toss them aside?? Or expecting them to dominate the competition?

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast